The development on the banks of the Manchester Ship Canal in Trafford, will combine up to 3,000 flats and nearly 900,000 sq ft of offices, shops and leisure buildings.
Peel has laced the scheme with green corridors and waterways and said the proposal represents an investment of £1bn.
It will formally submit a planning application this month after public consultation got underway today.
Trafford Waters will be linked to the intu Trafford Centre by a Green Bridge, providing residents, employees and visitors with easy access to the bus station and Metrolink stop.
James Whittaker, Development Director at Peel Land & Property, said, “We have been working on the vision and masterplan for Trafford Waters for over 15 years.
“It will be an exemplar, sustainable development that will create a space for a new community to live, work and play. The strong links with the intu Trafford Centre and Trafford Leisure Village and unrivalled transport connections, including the Trafford Park Metrolink extension, will make Trafford Waters the place to be.”
Trafford Waters project team
- IBI Group for masterplanning and heritage
- Gillespies for landscape architecture
- TTHC for transport
- NJL Consulting for planning
- BWB Consulting for environmental assessment
- Bureau Veritas for air quality
- Hyder Cresswell for ecology
- Amion for economic and social analysis
- Low Carbon Design Consultants for energy and sustainability
- CgMS for archaeology
- Turner and Townsend for cost consultancy