Representatives of the seven teams in the running for the three packages of enabling works will be at a meet-the-bidder day at the NEC in Birmingham.
The seven teams in contention for the works are:
• Balfour Beatty Vinci JV
• Carillion/Eiffage/Kier JV
• Costain Skanska JV
• Laing O’Rourke/Murphy Group JV
• Fusion (Morgan Sindall/BAM/Ferrovial)
• Align JV (Bouygues/VolkerFitzpatrick/Sir Robert McAlpine)
• Momentum Infrastructure (Hochtief/Dragados/Galliford Try).
The bidding teams are keen to meet companies with specific capabilities that will be required to deliver the enabling works.
In particular they are looking to engage with companies that deliver:
• Demolition & site clearance
• Environmental services
• Bulk excavation
• Civils sub-contracting
• Highways surfacing and construction
• Structure (Bridges/Buildings) strengthening specialists
• Acoustic specialist installation for sound protection work to properties
• Archaeological investigations
• Habitat and species relocations
• Soft and Hard Landscaping
• Management of invasive plants: Japanese Knotweed and Hogwood
• Diversity and inclusion specialist training providers
• Instrumentation and Monitoring • Existing building surveys
• Temporary road diversion
• Waterway Diversion
• Compounds + access roads
• Temporary Works including Bridges
• Geotechnical Surveys
The event is being organised by the Civil Engineering Contractors Association.
Chief executive Alasdair Reisner said: “The delivery of HS2 offers opportunities for supply chain companies from across the UK, and will create significant demand on key competencies.
“We wanted to ensure that those companies with the right abilities had the chance to put themselves in contention to work as a supplier on these substantial contracts.”
Companies looking to take part in the event must book their place before 27 January.
To express interest in attending, please email email@example.com with the subject ‘HS2/Construction Enquirer’ and further details will be sent.