The bridge has a weight limit of three-tonnes which was ignored by the huge lorry on September 24.
The crossing has been closed to vehicles since then and engineers have found seven structural areas that need further detailed testing following ultrasound checks and magnetic particle inspections this week on the suspension bridge’s vertical steel hangers.
Testing will continue next week to see if the suspect steel hangers and pins need to be removed for further testing or replacement.
Contract Director Simon Dando said that if the test results clearly showed steelwork needed replacing, specially manufactured parts could take up to 12 weeks to make and a further eight weeks to install.
Mark Shaw, Cabinet Member for Transport, said: “We’re not at this point yet, and we’re still undertaking exhaustive tests.
“But we need to be realistic about a worst case scenario to keep residents and traders in Marlow and Bisham in the picture.
“I appreciate the inconvenience of this closure, and I’m sorry it’s needed. We want the bridge open to vehicles as soon as possible, but we must be absolutely sure that it’s safe and secure for those who use it.”
The council is researching techniques used by errant lorry drivers to get through width restrictions and to see whether additional measures should be considered for Marlow Bridge.