North Midland Construction Plc (NM Group) operates nationally with 11 regional offices and workshops enabling us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships. We provide a complete service offering to the construction industry from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation.
Our six operational divisions provide focused services to customers across our five chosen core market sectors of: Construction, Power, Highways, Telecommunications and Water; providing engineering, construction management and frontline delivery services.
We operate within our values of: People, Inspire, Excellence, which remain key to our strategic aims and objectives for growth. We are immensely proud of our family ethos which we are committed to maintaining throughout our business.
NMCNomenca are proud to be delivering one of the largest engineering works that STW will have gone through in recent years. We are looking to recruit for highly skilled Engineer’s to assist with the construction of a new Water Treatment Works. This is a high value, highly critical project that will service the water supply to over 1.3million customers throughout Birmingham.
The engineers will be responsible for ensuring that the Civils aspect of the construction phase are correctly interpreted from Design & implemented on site. In addition to the technical aspect of the role, the successful candidates will work closely with the Site Management team, sharing responsibility for Health & Safety, as well as the procurement of material necessary to deliver the project.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Ensuring the Civils aspect of the Construction Phase is correctly interpreted from Design & Implemented on site
- Ensure the highest level of Health & Safety are adhered to and delivered on site
- Setting Out & Levelling the site
- Site Surveying and Up-Front Surveying for New Structures
- Checking drawings and quantities – ensuring all calculations are accurate for the work
- Overseeing Quality Control and Safety matters on site
- Assisting with Selection & Purchase of materials for use in the construction
- High level experience in Setting Out within the Water Industry
- Industry applicable qualification – HNC / HND / BSc
- IT Literate – working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Working knowledge of CAD favourable
- EUSR Water Hygiene Card favourable
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Salary & Benefits: For the right candidates we offer an attractive benefits package in a rapidly expanding forward thinking company. Competitive salary depending upon experience and qualifications.
|Applications including full CV by e-mail to: email@example.com or online via the careers page of our website http://www.northmid.co.uk/careers|