NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
Position: Bid Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive plus benefits
Benefits: competitive salary, company car or car allowance, private healthcare generous holiday entitlement, market leading pension scheme and a range of other benefits.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Bid Manager to further strengthen NG Bailey’s Northeast Yorkshire and Scotland region which already benefits from a healthy forward order book of quality work for 2017 / 2018.
Based primarily from their Leeds Head Office, this exciting position will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to grow the profitability and shape the future of the region concentrating on key focus and strategic projects for 2018 / 2019. You will be delivering high quality bids in an ultra-competitive business is critical to wining new work. This senior role is crucial to the ongoing success of the region.
- Working closely within a core team in the region reporting directly into the Pre Contract Manager and having responsibility and focus for a specific region
- Management and leadership of complex submissions to existing or prospective clients on time and within budget, ensuring all the clients questions have been responded to provide the greatest chance of success
- Involved in every aspect of the submission and have an excellent appreciation of what the client needs and how best to articulate how their organisation can provide that, bringing in subject matter experts where required
- Ability to manage and lead a bid from first point of contact with a client, through to leadership of design, technical, estimating and a proposals team, bringing innovation, fresh ideas and a differentiated approach
- Contribute to the sustained business growth of NG Bailey through the production of professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates NG Bailey’s value proposition
- Maintain a good understanding of the region and the clients / prospective clients within that region including their requirements and the influences which affect them
- Conversion of opportunities into profitable contracts, identifying necessary resources and involving internal / external stakeholders as appropriate
- To be considered for this role you will have previous experience of structuring winning bids ideally within a building services environment and be able to lead and motivate people
- Displaying strong business acumen it would be advantageous to have had experience of managing technical projects to recognise associated risks, opportunities and constraints
- You will need to be quick on your feet and assertive yet tactful in motivating other members of a bid team to produce a successful submission. Time management, efficiency, the ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision are all important. So are leadership and team work – no one can produce a bid single-handedly
- You will have to cope with a substantial amount of responsibility, remain calm under pressure, and be able to read and interpret instructions carefully. You should also able to use your industry experience to understand complicated technical information
- The ability to listen to other people's views while having confidence in your own convictions and be able to express these in a measured manner
- You need to deal with complex business relationships and manage multiple resources to deliver a strong, winning case to the prospective client
- Since you may give presentations to clients, you should also be an articulate, confident speaker
- Strong written communication skills
You may have experience of the following: Bid Manager, Tender Manager, Bid Management, Tender Management, Proposal Manager, Proposal Management, Bid Writer, Tender Writer, Business Development, Project Management etc.
To apply online please click here
NG Bailey is an equal opportunities employer