Job Purpose and Scope:
The BIM Coordinator will be the competent (BIM Knowledge) member of the project team, and other members of the team will rely on them to keep the project on-track relative to the agreed project BIM strategy/deliverables. Work will involve interaction with the primary design team, internal Lend Lease support functions, supply chain as well as the core Lend Lease project team. Training, mentoring, coaching trouble shooting mediation, auditing the team, influencing the way they work and the data they produce would all be part of the role. In summary a Highly rewarding role that places the successful candidate at the centre of prestigious Lend Lease projects and at the forefront of BIM implementation.
- The BIM Coordinator will be responsible for compliance with the Project BIM Standards and BIM Execution Plan
- Visualisation - Managing/delivering the appropriate visuals to team members to support their work.
- Design - Working closely with our internal design management team and the external design teams to interrogate the design coordination issues using Navis Manage. Interrogate the design information being developed for incorporation into the model to ensure that is robust, in the appropriate format and of sufficient quality for acceptance.
- Safety - Support the H&S effort through the model functionality to support safety initiatives on the project.
- Construction - Connect BIM to the on-site activities. Continue to interrogate the design information being developed by the supply chain and designers for incorporation into the model to ensure that is robust, in the appropriate format and of sufficient quality for acceptance.
- Logistics - Working closely with our planning and construction management teams and optimise the site logistics through the model when planning temporary works, haul routes, site accesses, site welfare and storage locations
- 4D - Interface with the Project Planner and the Primavera P6 package to create virtual build of the 3D model.
- Clash Prevention - working with our design managers and interrogation of the design input of the model to identify clashes and produce and manage a clash register.
- Quality - Produce an audit procedure and schedule to ensure the model complies with BIM standards and the project BIM requirements.
- Quantity Take-off - Oversee the extraction of key data from the project model to produce scheduled material quantities
- Commercial - Creating and capturing evidence of BIM values which influence the commercial outcomes on the project.
- Procurement - Interface with and support the procurement team to package work scopes for tender including trade specific BIM scope, BIM capability assessment, mid-tender interviews etc.
- Asset Management - Build a data set during the design and construction that reflects the needs of the Clients Asset Manager.
- Green - Promote BIM to optimise the projects sustainability credentials
- Information Management - Liaise with the Project Document Controller to ensure that the right people get the right information at the right time.
- Lend Lease project team
- Client team including design team
- Head of BIM
- Degree or Higher National qualifications relating to architecture, engineering or construction.
- Min 2 to 4 yrs experience delivering projects using BIM within tier 1 construction companies.
- Specialist knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage, Synchro,BIM / CAD and IPD.
- Working knowledge of PAS1192-2:2013, BS1192:2007, and relevant British standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong technical writing and reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of data - information exchange protocols.
- Ability to work to instructions and a developing client brief.
- Ability to work in accordance to company standards and procedures.
- An ability to demonstrate a co-ordinated and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to easily learn new skills and applications.
- Ability to identify the need for change, initiate and implement change.
- Ability to analyze complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organization and externally.
For more information and to apply contact James.Paine@lendlease.com
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.