This role will be a split between 2 projects; London and Wellington. The Building Services Manager will deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the project team and applying ISG systems, procedures and culture. Specifically, to manage the building services engineering design/installation process, and to minimise risks associated with this to the project and to the company. On projects of suitable size, to manage the ISG building services with the project team to achieve the project engineering goals.
- Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with the Client, the designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
•Contribute to the regular Project Report, and attend Project Meetings.
•Review designers and contractors drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc).
•Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements (specification, drawings etc.)
•Provide expertise in planning and executing the building services engineering commissioning.
•Responsible for the services engineering works on their projects in conjunction with the project team.
•Produce monthly Engineering Services Status Reports on their projects,
•Provide guidance in the production of the project programme.
•Contribute Value Engineering skills.
•Vet and propose specialist contractors, systems and manufacturers for projects.
•Contribute engineering services content to proposal team for inclusion in Tender Proposals.
•Represent the company at Pre-qualification, Pre-tender and Tender meetings and presentations.
•Take on the role of mentor to junior engineers
- Good general knowledge of building services engineering systems.
• An in-depth knowledge and expertise in some specific areas e.g. IT cabling, controls, etc.
• Leadership and people management skills for small engineering team.
• Competent in Health and Safety management.
• Programme driven, pushing each stage of the building services engineering contract works.
• Good organiser and good at system implementation.
• Prepared to be innovative.
• Ability to build and develop relationships e.g. marketing relationships with external professionals and clients, strategic relationships with contractors and suppliers.
• High level strategic thinker at a project level.
- Must be able to take full accountability for their role, actions, judgements and decisions.
• Must be passionate about work, committed to excellence and continuous improvement.
• Must be able to remain calm and focussed in difficult situations and wouldn’t be afraid to address difficult issues and establish facts
• Proven record of getting results, developing others and actively supporting colleagues.
• Must be organised and prioritise own work to deliver on time through managing time effectively.
• Must be able to build trust and confidence through open communications and informing colleagues about issues that will affect their role.
• Must be able to motivate a team to achieve one common goal.
To apply online click here