Walsh, a leading construction solutions company in London is looking for a Buyer to join our team at our offices at Rainham in Essex. Our vision is to be the most innovative, diverse and professional contractor providing value engineering in spoil handling, removal and remediation by road, rail or water.
As a fast-growing company with ambitions to be on every major infrastructure project in the South East, this will be the ideal opportunity for a Buyer who is now looking to develop their career further.
The role will include negotiation and placing of materials, sub contract and plant hire orders for the business, along with ensuring the collation of all the contractual documentation that is required across a range of construction projects and long term operational facilities.
- Minimise the cost of materials and plant supplied to Walsh by working with the teams, specifying, sourcing and negotiating
- Manage both existing and future supply chain relationships
- Developing procurement methods, processes and supply agreements to improve the function within the business
- Assist the commercial team in tendering for work, obtaining quotations for material and plant to ensure tight tender deadlines can be met
- Create and manage an order database, ensuring that commercial and technical clauses are included
- Take-off measurements from drawings for volumes and specifications
- Manage orders from placement to delivery and subsequent monthly expenditure reporting to include forward forecasting, ensuring compliance with the company’s finance procedures
- Provide reporting for on project and supplier spend for the Directors.
Ideally successful candidates will have the following experience:
- Qualified by experience or higher-level education
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience of procurement in the construction sector
- Good working knowledge of the main forms of contract, NEC, JCT, CECA (ICE)
- IT literate and able to use Excel, word and purchasing systems
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly busy environment
To work in Walsh our people need to have the following values:
Caring Inspiring Excelling Can Do Developing