North Midland Construction Plc (NM Group) operates nationally with 11 regional offices and workshops enabling us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships. We provide a complete service offering to the construction industry from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation.
Our six operational divisions provide focused services to customers across our five chosen core market sectors of: Construction, Power, Highways, Telecommunications and Water; providing engineering, construction management and frontline delivery services.
We operate within our values of: People, Inspire, Excellence, which remain key to our strategic aims and objectives for growth. We are immensely proud of our family ethos which we are committed to maintaining throughout our business.
An opportunity has arisen for a CAD Designer / Operator to be based out of our offices in Derby.
The CAD Operator will generally perform drafting and modelling work using industry-standard software platforms. You will work with both 3D and 2D design – known respectively as solid and surface modelling. Your designs could also be used to help prepare estimates, maintenance manuals and assembly instructions and as-laid drawings. As a CAD Operator, you will also work closely with the engineering team, following your team leader’s instructions for developing a detailed design, working from a computer model of the item or changing detailed diagrams so they can be more easily followed. The technician will have the ability to deliver accurate work that meets the water industry engineering standards, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and support NMCN business requirements.
Duties include: -
- Checking drawings and quantities and ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
- Liaising with any consultants and / or sub-contractors engaged in the project
- Producing detailed as-built drawings.
- Discussing designs with other professionals.
- Making drawings and calculations onscreen
- Explaining designs to other people
- Being able to meet deadlines
- Overseeing quality control
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may occur
- Performs quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC)
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Helping to ensure all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
- Ensuring compliance to NMCN & STW procedures through weekly returns where required
- Bring innovative ideas
- Writing manuals for maintenance.
- Being able to visualize in 3 dimensions
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills:
- Experience of AutoCAD is essential
- Experience of working within the water industry
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
North Midland Construction PLC is an equal opportunities employer
To apply online click here