For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand, and can deliver the whole process – or just part of it – from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy… We are always looking for people to come with us on the journey.
We are looking for an Assistant Commercial Manager to contribute to a range of activities to deliver efficient construction site operations, contributing to the management of site services in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures.
Essential skills and experience:
- Studying for a relevant tertiary qualification in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying leading to RICS membership, by part time/Day Release.
- Computing skills with capabilities in using Word and Excel, may also require experience in using accounting software.
- Planning and organising skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively within strict timeframes.
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain relationships and coordinate internal and external stakeholder requirements.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of purchasing reports, receipts and acknowledgement of materials and supplies to contribute to the preparation of internal construction works reporting by senior construction management staff.
- Contribute to the implementation and maintenance of proper documentation, systems and processes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness of site administration processes and service for stakeholders, ensuring activities comply with legislative and statutory regulations.
- Liaison with external suppliers to manage the efficient provision of scaffolding supplies and waste management services as directed and within defined parameters.
- Coordination of, and contribution to, the preparation of construction works contracts, ensuring all necessary documentation is distributed and processed, all amendments are accurately recorded, and appropriate approval and sign off is provided to support efficient site management activities.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
To apply online click here