Systech International are actively searching for experienced, hands on Commercial Directors, capable of leading a commercial team and taking full accountability for a dedicated portfolio of major projects. You will be looking to make a change in your career, joining an international consultancy who partner with major main contractors, focusing on commercial management and claims & disputes.
As a Commercial Director you must demonstrate a successful track record in commercially leading major construction, civil and infrastructure projects, in excess of £100m, providing guidance to claims teams and implementing dispute resolution strategies and procedures alongside major main contractors.
This is a client facing role, you must be able to demonstrate an ability to maintain and enhance client relations and will hold a relevant degree and will ideally be RICS accredited.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Proven history of claims management
- Experience of working in a senior position.
- Strong commercial management and project experience
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Able to adapt to an ever changing consultancy environment
- Experience of leading teams on major construction projects
- Take responsibility for a projects commercial performance
- Develop commercial strategies and lead on contractual negotiations
- Fully experienced in all aspects of contract administration ensuring that projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Responsibility for Management account preparation and liaison with senior management
- Extensive knowledge of main standard forms of contract including NEC and JCT
- Procurement experience on large value contracts
- Significant experience of claims preparation and dispute avoidance/resolution.
- Be able to assist in Business Development
Systech offer tailored individual support geared towards helping consultants achieve full chartership. This includes internal quarterly seminars presented by industry leaders and consultants who are qualified RICS Assessor’s. As a consultancy we offer a collaborative working environment with our in-house team of consultants including Lawyers, Barristers, Forensic Experts and Claim Specialist.
For more information or to discuss available opportunities at Systech International, in the UK or globally, please contact Nick Jeffs (Head of Recruitment) via: email@example.com / 0207 940 7656