Taylor Woodrow is the civil engineering division of VINCI Construction UK which forms part of VINCI, a world leader in concessions and construction.
Our Taylor Woodrow brand draws on the heritage of a company founded in 1921, whilst our part in VINCI Construction UK enables us to draw on the strength and unity of a diverse range of business streams all working together.
We are a leading player in the civil engineering and infrastructure sector, delivering world class infrastructure projects such as the iconic King’s Cross Western Concourse.
Working across the rail, highways and energy sectors, we have a customer-focused approach and thrive on applying our expertise to deliver complex, multi-disciplinary, engineering-led projects.
Taylor Woodrow are recruiting for a Commercial Director to join their highways division as part of our Regional Development Partnership (South West). Reporting to the Highways Sector Director, the Commercial Director will be responsible for the delivery of the A30 Scheme, a circa £160m project spanning over 3-4 years in Cornwall.
- Provide support to the projects, the sector, and the wider VINCI organisation through an in depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes.
- Responsible for project-based commercial staff on the project, including selection and recruitment strategy.
- Provide commercial support to the divisional business.
- Identify areas of non / low performance and implement suitable rectification measures
- Ensure that VINCI commercial processes and procedures are implemented across all relevant projects.
- Take a key role in contract negotiations with the client and adopt a major part in achieving satisfactory outcomes in terms of profit and customer satisfaction
- Define accurately and concisely the commercial parameters of opportunities, ensuring they are aligned with the business plan.
- Align procurement policy and process compliance within the region and compliance with supply chain strategy
- Monitor and ensure prompt resolution of final accounts, including settlement of variations, claims and disputes
- Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficiencies in the region.
- Monitor and verify monthly site financial reporting (Project Manager Reports and Cost Value Reports)
- Verify and monitor the monthly site financial reporting (Project Manager Reports and Cost Value Reports).
- Ensure robust subcontract change control procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Monitor and ensure prompt resolution of final accounts, including settlement of Compensation Events (variations), claims and disputes
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or equivalent
- Previous experience as a Senior Commercial Lead working for a main contractor
- Experience in earthworks, drainage or heavy structures
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BRISTOL UNTIL EARLY 2020 WHEN IT BECOMES SITE BASED IN CORNWALL. SUBSISTENCE WILL BE PAID WHERE APPLICABLE
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
(Quote Ref: IW-Construction-enquirer)