Lend Lease Construction works in four continents, delivering ground breaking places such as London’s Olympic Village, the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia and the Sydney Opera House.
Our reputation is founded on how we have achieved these and the many other challenging projects. Meticulous safety standards, an ongoing pursuit of improved sustainability and a creative approach to problem solving all play a part in achieving high standards and high levels of success.
And so naturally we are seeking those with the highest potential to achieve. Build your career with us.
Lendlease commercial managers will be based at the designated project and will look after the procurement through to final accounts of 1 or more packages as the project progresses. These packages could consist of large valued structures, envelope, fit out, building services to name a few of the packages our commercial manages get involved with.
- Develop procurement strategy and procure the works in accordance with the cost plan and design information available
- Ensure that there are no scope gaps during procurement – that everything required for the project is bought and from the correct / appropriate source
- Perform tender analysis to ensure value for money is achieved and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
- Prepare contract documentation and negotiate contract terms to limit risk to the company
- Provide cost report information to internal and external clients to enable business and project objectives to be met
- Ensure that a change control procedure is in place to monitor design changes and control costs and follow procedure
- Issue and agree instructions / variations to trade contractors on a weekly basis
- Perform interim valuations to ensure subcontractor payments are made in a timely manner
- Forecast and monitor cash flow to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained
- Prepare and monitor project/package risk schedules
- Handle any insurance claims arising on the project to successful conclusion
- Resolve any legal disputes arising in conjunction with the legal department
- Prepare and Agree final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the company makes a profit
- Produce cost analysis feedback / lessons learnt to the company for future works
- Manage all aspects of financial control for maximum benefit to the project
- Responsible for contributing to the establishment of a culture of incident and injury free operation on the project through personal example
- Ensures that all contracts are set up and managed throughout the life of the project, demonstrating an understanding of the design and construction processes
- Manages the procurement process, balancing quality, time and risk to achieve the best possible project outcomes
- Close involvement in the assessment and management of project risk and opportunity
- Manage the relationship with the client's commercial and legal representatives ensuring that appropriate communications and actions take place and that the performance and reputation of the project is protected
- Ensure that the Company's commercial procedures and processes are adhered to
- Ensures that project programming and planning are appropriate to the commercial success of the project
- Demonstrates an understanding of the difference between Nett, Delivery and Gross Programmes
- Calculates the financial implications of programme shifts to minimise risks and maximise opportunities
- Has responsibility for demonstrating leadership, effective team working and contributing to the development of colleagues on the project
Essentials Skills and Experience required:
- Quantity Surveying Degree or working towards RICS or CIOB
- Experience of working for principle / main Contractor as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience with tendering subcontract works (structures and services)
- Able to prepare subcontract documentation ready for engrossment by external parties
- Experience of advanced word-processing, Excel spreadsheet packages and fully conversant with BIW
- Good understanding of building technology / construction methods
- Ability to read drawings and construction design information
- Valuing interim applications
- Agreeing site variations
- Preparation of internal monthly cost reports / cost to complete forecasts
- Knowledge of measurement and valuation techniques.
- Demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.
For more information and to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org