ISG has been providing construction solutions to some of the world’s most successful and enduring businesses, cities and institutions, for more than two decades.
Join a company that values bold ideas, puts customers at the heart of everything we do and as a caring employer encourages you to never stop learning.
ISG is looking for a someone to be Responsible for the financial aspects of the project, working closely with the Project Team to control commercial & contractual matters. Deliver desired margin return utilising high standards of commercial acumen.
- Attend tender presentations for new projects, contribute, lead commercially and present where necessary.
- Prepare trade contractor bid list in conjunction with the Project Manager and obtain approval via team meetings.
- Prepare and monitor bid package tender schedule and report against the cost plan where required and advise on selection of trade contractors.
- Advise client on contract procurement routes available.
- Prepare and monitor Subcontract Procurement Schedule, compile trade contract bid documents and carry out tender analysis and issue purchase orders.
- Place orders and instruct / manage trade contractors. (Including compiling subcontracts/works contacts/trade contracts).
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with the value engineering.
- Manage change orders in conjunction with the Site/Project Manager.
- Prepare, submit and agree monthly costs reports, collating information from other Project/Assistant surveyors as necessary.
- Prepare, submit and agree periodic valuations with trade contractors and the client, including final accounts.
- Prepare Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for ISG Directors responsible.
- Involvement in BD / developing relationships with key clients & design teams.
- Be passionate about work, committed to excellence and continuous improvement both personally and divisionally.
- Build trust and confidence through open communications and informing colleagues about issues that will affect their role.
- Must be able to adapt their management style to suit different individuals and situations
- The ability to articulate a clear purpose to others and encourage a maximum buy in and commitment from them.
- Be organised and prioritise own work to deliver on time through managing time effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to understand the wider picture.
- Take full accountability for their role, actions, judgements and decisions and remain calm and focussed in difficult situations.
Skills & Experiences
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Excellent analytical, negotiating and presentation skills
- Ability to coach and lead a small team
- Methodical approach to duties
- Word and PowerPoint knowledge
- Recognised qualification in Quantity Surveying.
If this role sounds like you, don’t hesitate, apply now to speak with our Talent Acquisition team! Toapply online click here
ISG also offers a competitive benefits package and is an equal opportunities employer.