Skanska provides hard and soft building related services for the Ministry of Defence at a large military site in North West London, together with significant capital works. We currently have a number of exciting permanent commercial career opportunities within this PFI contract.
We are looking for:
- Commercial Manager
- Quantity Surveyor
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Assistant Commercial Manager or Assistant QS
Here are a few of the things you’ll be doing in the role:
- Manage or support the provision of clear, robust and transparent set of monthly and annual project accounts
- Monitor, manage or assist with reports against the base data and cost plans
- Monitor, manage or support the project Work In Progress – converting the WIP to cash as soon as practicably possible
- Monitor, manage or assist with the invoicing and debt ensuring optimisation of cash in line with Skanska Value Add and capital employed targets
- Monitor, manage or assist with the contract procedures, invoicing, payments and variations
- Ensure that the obligations set out within the Contract Payment Mechanisms are adhered to including deductions and additions
- Manage or assist with the valuation of Work Orders and contract variations, ensuring the appropriate approvals are received from the clients
- Manage and report the outturn forecast in line with business Forecasting & Reporting process, compliance to iCON (accounting) procedures, the monthly cost / value reconciliations and PFFR reporting in iCON, the variation's procedures, the risk and opportunity management procedures and the quarterly forecasting
You will be supported by our existing commercial team and will have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills, all in an inclusive environment.
Here are a few of the experiences you may have which will help you be successful:
- Previous experience of working in a Commercial/QS role within Construction, FM, Civil Engineering, Utilities or similar sectors
- Capacity to meet tight deadlines
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities
- Technical commercial knowledge and decisiveness
- Quantity Surveying/Commercial qualification is desirable
Due to the nature of the site, you must be capable of achieving the Client (MOD) security clearance minimum requirements. To achieve this, you must have continuously resided in the UK in the last 5 years. This requirement applies to both British and non-British subjects.
Skanska is a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive, bringing people and technology together to build, upgrade and maintain the country’s buildings and infrastructure.
Deadline: Applications for registering interest will be open until the end of December 2018.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and in line with Data Protection. A member of our Recruitment Team will contact you if your skills and experience match our requirements.
To register your interest click here