North Midland Construction Plc (NM Group) operates nationally with 11 regional offices and workshops enabling us to provide a local service to our customers promoting sustainable working relationships. We provide a complete service offering to the construction industry from conception to optimisation, delivering best value and innovation.
Our six operational divisions provide focused services to customers across our five chosen core market sectors of: Construction, Power, Highways, Telecommunications and Water; providing engineering, construction management and frontline delivery services.
We operate within our values of: People, Inspire, Excellence, which remain key to our strategic aims and objectives for growth. We are immensely proud of our family ethos which we are committed to maintaining throughout our business
An opportunity has arisen for a Commissioning Engineer. Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, supporting the Project Delivery Team, you will be involved in the commissioning of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Contribute to the preparation of Commissioning Plans
- Preparation of Commissioning Documentation including Commissioning Manuals, Inspection & Test Plans, Inspection & Test Reports and Training Manuals.
- Reviewing P&ID diagrams and provide strategies to commission plant and equipment in to existing processes in line with client specifications without compromising process and reducing risks.
- Attendance at commissioning meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant.
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process
- The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment, including:
- Motor Control Centres
- Pumping Plant
- Process Equipment
- Standby Generation Equipment
- Various Instrumentation
- Knowledge of PLC software packages would be a distinct advantage.
- Undertake or supervise the NICEIC electrical installation testing to C& G 2391 as requested.
- Demonstration of commissioned plant to our clients representatives to gain plant sign off prior to takeover.
- Undertaking client training covering both operational and technical competencies.
- Completion of commissioning records and diaries ensuring that all progress and equipment settings are recorded for the O&M manuals.
- Assist the design team by undertaking site visits to gather information for the purposes of tendering or design prior to construction
- Assist the design team and prepare electrical designs ensuring compliance with the current IEE regulations and all other relevant specifications
Skills and Experience
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Blue Water hygiene card
Salary & Benefits: For the right candidates we offer an attractive benefits package in a rapidly expanding forward thinking company. Competitive salary depending upon experience and qualifications.
|Applications including full CV by e-mail to: email@example.com or online via the careers page of our website http://www.northmid.co.uk/careers|