For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand, and can deliver the whole process – or just part of it – from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy… We are always looking for people to come with us on the journey.
We are looking for a Construction Director to provide expert advice and leadership in the creation of skills and wellbeing for senior project staff, identifying talent and ensuring appropriate development programs are in place.
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related technical discipline, combined with advanced subject matter knowledge across multiple functions and expert people management skills.
- Experience in a project engineering or site engineering role and expert knowledge of the construction and property development industries, design management and engineering project management principles, and site management principles including an understanding of employee relations and union agreements, safety, risk management and field related issues.
- Commercial acumen and analytical skills for managing inputs and outputs of a commercial assignment, combined with planning and organisational skills for managing competing priorities.
- Problem solving, technical and analytical skills to support the implementation of organisational policies, procedures and programs and project engineering operations.
- Written and verbal communication skills to persuade, facilitate decision making, manage expectations, influence and build relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Review and drive the project delivery within a timely manner ensure the maximum outcomes for the client and Lendlease.
- Ensure a high quality is at a consistently high level and pro-actively identify quality issues.
- You will be accountable for all costs and controls across multiple projects and for the implementation and compliance with all Lendlease safety requirements across staff, contractors and work practices ensuring appropriate records are maintained and required reports are available.
- Be able to recognise, reward and celebrate safe behaviours and practices.
- Provide expert advice and manage regional/large project sustainability objectives and targets ensuring compliance with Lendlease standards and local regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain external relationships (e.g. clients, contractors/subcontracts) to increase networks and manage the performance and development of the project team through coaching, mentoring and building required skill sets to ensure that staff are adequately resourced to perform.
- CSCS card holder · UK being primary residence during the past 3 years
- Expert knowledge of construction industry
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of a lead role in the delivery of construction major projects
- Demonstrable experience of the delivery of demolition, deep basements, RC frame and/or complex infrastructure and civils projects
- Experienced in the delivery of complicated temporary works
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC Level or equivalent
- Strategic thinking and visionary · Develop and maintain relationships with trust and confidence
- Understanding of programme duration and sequencing of works of relevant aspects of construction
- Experienced with and capable of being part of a bid team and undertaking pre-construction planning
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively and lead the construction delivery team and construction workforce
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible in recognising where working methods require adapting and changing to suit a change in project needs or new challenges
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure delivery of work packages; and in places betterment of commercial targets
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Building.
- Mentoring of junior staff
- Experience of working on high profile projects of interest to the public and in particular public sector projects
- Experience of working on heritage projects particularly involving listed buildings
- Experience of working on projects procured under the NEC3 suite of Contracts
- Experience of working on sensitive and/or restricted projects such as MOD, MOJ, Aviation, etc.
- Demonstration of long term continuous employment with other Tier 1 Main Contractors
- Written references from blue chip Clients and Consultants
To apply online click here
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.