For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand, and can deliver the whole process – or just part of it – from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy… We are always looking for people to come with us on the journey.
We are looking for a Construction Manager to lead, manage and coordinate construction activities as designated on the Manchester Town Hall project. This will involve the management of supply chain trades on site to achieve the high standards of safety and quality expected of both Lendlease and the client team on the project. You will take responsibility for all activities in the field of construction, including the day to day planning, supervision, direction and monitoring of operations and construction delivery.
The project works are broken down into clusters (Public Realm, External Envelope, Fit-out, Enabling and Structures and MEP). You will be responsible for the delivery of a cluster stream of works across the building or multiple clusters within a defined zone in the building. As the Town Hall is a grade 1 listed heritage building, the management and protection of heritage works and assets will be key to the successful delivery.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a project or site engineering role
- Experience of leading/managing a team of construction managers/site managers.
- Extensive knowledge of operational safety systems
- Understanding of financial and commercial systems and knowledge of contractual relationships and contract law (desirable)
- Delegation communication and direction skills
- Experience of managing field construction activities on major/ complex projects minimum build value £100m
- Understanding of site management principles
- Experience in high rise (15 storey – residential projects)
- Experience in residential logistics planning and implementations – multi phase
- SMSTS – 5 days
Duties & accountabilities:
- Develop and encourage an Incident and Injury Free climate on site and in the supply chain and ensure that all health and safety obligations, process and procedures are allocated to and delivered by the construction operations team
- Supervise, direct and monitor day to day operations on site, ensuring that all contractors are coordinated and working effectively to the construction programme and detail and delivering the required quality
- Monitor the progress of construction works and amend the methodology in light of unforeseen circumstances to ensure that overall completion dates are safely met
- Develop a clear plan of action to ensure contractors’ adherence to the Environmental Management Plan and monitor performance
- Actively participate in all team meetings ensuring communication of changes affecting Safety, methodology or logistics
- Constantly review the build quality achieved with the team ensuring that the contract’s requirements in this regard are fully met
- Ensure buildability issues are considered and given appropriate priority at procurement stage
- Ensure accuracy of prelims regarding safety, logistical issues and the management of environmental risks
- Produce a schedule of all statutory authorities and manage the process of engagement and notifications as required
- Support the Project/Assistant Manager to establish and manage a series of meetings with all contractors to ensure that they are fully aware of the latest design information (instructions, Request for Information answers etc.)
- Responsible for pre-planning and development of the site safety strategy, including all aspects of logistics
- Responsibility for demonstrating leadership, effective team working and contributing to the development of colleagues on the project
- Develop delivery metrics for all key trades packages and, working with the construction management team, ensure that actual delivery outputs are measured and reported
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
To apply online click here