You will be working as part the Finance & Admin Support Team based in Bristol. This small team of multi-skilled support staff provide finance, HR & admin support for the Avonline group.
Avonline plc’s Commercial Flooring division, Avonline Flooring, has turnover in the region of £10m per annum and provides a full flooring service from screed and underground heating to luxury carpet and wood finishes. Projects range from £250k to £3m over anything from a few weeks to several years.
You will need to manage the process through a comprehensive understanding of the contract timetable regarding valuation submissions, payment notices & payment, retention repayments and final accounts. You will also need to develop a strong relationship with the internal & external QS/Manager of each project. You will be expected to produce monthly aged flooring debt reports by project as well as ongoing cash flow forecasts to help the Financial Director manage the overall company’s working capital requirements.
Duties will include:-
• Mapping the payment process for each new contract with deadlines and actions diarised
• Recording of and follow up on Payment/Payless Notifications
• Logging of any queries/variation issues delaying payment and work with internal flooring team to resolve and resubmit
• Follow up on payment dates and payment promises ensuring payments get received on time as per the contract.
• Produce ongoing cash flow forecasts for FD showing revenue due to be received
• Monthly Flooring Aged Debt Reporting for review with FM within ME reporting timetable.
• Attend & minute debt management meetings with flooring management team
• Manage the retention recovery process
• Support the preparation of the final account process and monitor its progress.
• Set up of new projects on financial systems
• Ad-hoc credit control duties for Finance Manager and FD.
You will have a strong background in managing a payment process preferably in the construction/building industry.
To succeed in this role it is essential that you build up an excellent relationship with the QS on each project both internally and externally as they are critical to the process running smoothly and payments being received on time, so you will be able to communicate effectively in person as well as by telephone and email.
You will have excellent computer skills with a demonstrable understanding of Excel. You will be experienced in developing process and procedures to improve business efficiencies.
You will be working closely with the busy flooring team who have operational responsibilities that often have a higher priority for them than admin and finance concerns so you will need to be understanding of their pressures at the same time as acquiring the information or support you need from them to make sure we hit our timetable deadlines for submission of valuations, variations and ultimately that we receive payments on time.
KEY PERSONAL SKILLS
Tenacious when it comes to getting money paid and final accounts agreed
Good negotiating skills
Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Good analytical skills
Organised and accurate
Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Able to work unsupervised when needed
Flexible and enjoy working in a team environment.
For more information and to apply contact email@example.com