Disperse is a VC-backed artificial intelligence construction startup focused on improving on-site productivity with the help of computer vision. Our goal is to ultimately re-imagine the way building projects are planned, delivered and operated.
We're currently working on some of the largest building projects in London (e.g. Renzo Piano’s Shard Place, Wood Wharf) and have grown from 5 to 35 people over the past year. We have ambitions to expand significantly, which means that we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic talent to join the team.
We move at a high speed, and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity and leadership. Our proudly diverse, international team is based in London, Sarajevo and Yerevan, and has a wealth of experience from construction management to computer vision and robotics.
We’re looking for a versatile, outgoing Construction Specialist to join our team. Someone who can quickly take ownership across a variety of roles, from supporting the deployment of our product with customers, manage the delivery of our projects across customer accounts, analysing architectural and subcontractor documentation, bills of quantities and programmes, to contributing to product and process design within multidisciplinary teams. If you’re eager to learn, and aren’t afraid to dive straight into new challenges, this is a unique opportunity to be part of creating the way buildings will be designed, built and operated in the future.
The job of a Construction Specialist at Disperse isn’t like your typical Construction Manager, Package Manager, Quantity Surveyor or Planner gig. We harness the characteristics that come naturally to people who are used to bringing complex, large buildings to life: quick, pragmatic problem-solvers, superhuman work ethics, and the ability to adapt on the fly - and unleash these across the business. You’ll find yourself as part-construction and planning specialist, part-quantity surveyor, part-digital product designer, part-business strategist, as well as the voice of the industry.
Your main responsibility will be to ensure that we onboard new projects, manage their delivery and bring value to our customers from day one. It’ll be your job to create the connection between our customers' construction plans, the construction site and our product. You’ll be a core member of our Architecture & Construction team as a customer champion, and will also work across our Product and Computer Vision teams. Throughout your time at Disperse, you will be experiencing firsthand what it takes to scale up a tech startup and will work on some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
Ask anyone at Disperse what they love most about working here, and they'll probably tell you "it's the people!", "the team, of course", "the people and the Hedwig owls in the offices".
As clichéd as it may sound, we're very proud of the people we have and the close-knit, family culture we've built across London, Sarajevo and Yerevan. Despite the distances, we're united through the passion with which we approach our goals and the fun that we have along the way. We always look out for each other, no matter what. The following should give you a good idea what type of culture you'd be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking full ownership of problems and initiatives. We don't believe in micromanagement. Instead, we let you pave your own path and give you the space to continuously learn and grow even if it means taking a few detours.
- We support each other. If a process breaks or if you're struggling, you can always count on the people around you and the people far away from you, to help you get back on track.
- We run on feedback: direct and transparent praise and constructive criticism, communicated with the best of intentions. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas and approaches are always judged on merit rather than source. We welcome discussions and challenges. This way everyone makes a tremendous impact no matter the role.
You should apply if:
- You are ambitious and passionate about creating something meaningful.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying (or similar)
- You have between 3-5 years of experience at a Tier 1 UK Contractor or Top-Tier Consultancy.
- You have a deep understanding of the design and build process.
- You have a good grasp of the commercial side of running large-scale construction projects.
- You’re customer-obsessed and a strong, confident communicator who can excite people around what we do.
- You are a highly motivated ‘self-starter’.
- You’re excited to collaborate with construction teams, architects, operations and product managers.
- You're a quick learner who picks up new skills, digital tools and information quickly.
- You're eligible to work in the UK. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- Pro rata salary of £45,000 - £60,000 per annum (depending on experience level) plus generous option package upon fit.
- Friendly, open and transparent culture.
- You'll get to join a passionate startup with proven traction on its scaling journey.
- Flexible working hours / ability to work from home.
- Regular mentoring and feedback.
- Awesome startup office in Central London, Fitzrovia.
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays.
- Free coffee.
- Regular socials, and team retreats to amazing destinations (Tbilisi, Sarajevo... Where next?)
To apply online click here