This key position is required to develop and lead a commercial team within the Network Rails Scotland area, supporting the delivery of their CP6 Lot 1 Renewals and Enhancements Framework Portfolio during the forthcoming new Control Period. The successful candidate will report to BAM Nuttall Ltd Commercial Manager for the Scotland and LNE area, ensuring Business Process and Governance is effectively implemented, Business targets achieved whilst always ensuring the customer’s high levels of expectation around performance, both commercially and operationally, are delivered upon.
Role & Responsibilities
These shall include;
- Growth and development of Commercial team commensurate with workload,
- Liaison with Network Rail Senior Team to collaboratively support management and delivery of their CP6 workbank,
- Implement and monitor effective systems and processes to ensure high levels of control of cost and value management,
- Drive and encourage continual improvement and lean thinking through the Framework, maximising opportunities for required efficiencies,
- Support and ensure effective administration of the Contract by the Project teams responsible for delivery of each Commissions awarded under the Framework,
The candidate is required to;
- Have comprehensive experience operating in the Construction or Civil Engineering sector,
- Demonstrate a successful track record of managing a large commercial team, responsible for major projects and or a portfolio of projects,
- Have operated at Senior / Project / Managing QS level or above for a period no less than 5 years,
- Demonstrate excellent collaborative behaviours and understand how to effectively manage / motivate Project teams.
It would be beneficial but not necessary for the candidate;
- To be affiliated to a Professional Institution such as the RICS, ICES, ICE or similar,
- To be educated to Degree level in a relevant Construction or Project Management qualification,
- To have a background of relevant and successful performance within the Rail Sector.
This position will be located predominantly in the Glasgow area for the duration of the Framework, due to the requirement for close engagement with the Customer, Network Rail. However, due to the large geographical area and wide range of expected projects ( scope, value, location ), it is anticipated that the candidate will be required to be transient and able to work remotely when required. Subject to operational constraints and commitments, working from home may be possible at times.
For more information and to apply please contact:
Tel: 01276 854758