The Digital (BIM) Coordinator will support the whole Design & Technical Team, and in particular the Digital Integration Manager and Product Development Lead. The wider development business will rely on the Digital (BIM) Coordinator to assist proactively in keeping the Residential projects and associated research and development activities on-track.
Work will primarily involve:
- Project Delivery, particularly working with the Lendlease project team to assist with the digital delivery of our residential portfolio.
- Lendlease Product Book, particularly maintaining existing content, creating new content, formatting and publishing. The Product Book is a Lendlease innovative, award-winning, digital tool which enables better quality design and build of our residential apartments. The Product Book is being delivered digitally as a collation of technical information for residential products in a context of sophisticated conceptual model and provides the basis for continual improvement in the way Lendlease projects are delivered.
- Innovation, particularly the development and implementation of a Design for Manufacture & Assembly strategy within the residential development business unit.
- Activities are likely to include collaboration with other members of the central Design and Technical Team (MEP team, Product Specifier, Sustainability) to ensure we have a cohesive portfolio platform for design, product and implementation of digital initiatives. It will involve close interaction with the internal project teams (DMs, DPMs Health & Safety Team, Cost Planners, Lendlease Construction, Infrastructure/Public Realm, ICT, Customer Services and Sales & Marketing Teams) and external design consultant teams, and where required collaboration with Asset Operators (BtR).
- The role is likely to include assisting with the development of project level BIM EIR, BIM Execution Plans for conversion, protocols and procedures, training, mentoring, coaching, trouble shooting, mediation, auditing the team, influencing the way they work and the data they produce would all be part of the role. The role will also include preparation of the pre-construction brief and expectations for our internal / external main contractors to deliver on during procurement and construction phase. The role will ensure we implement our digital initiatives, including Product Book, across our residential portfolio to a consistent base standard and incrementally improve this standard to give us an industry leading position.
- Procedure and protocols - input, maintain and implement project level BIM strategy, EIR, BIM scopes for the project team, BIM Execution Plan (BEP), and other required BIM standards - for conversion and also to brief our main contractors.
- Consultants appointment - Working closely with the Digital Integration Manager to appoint design consultants with appropriate BIM obligations as part of their appointment contracts including BIM capability assessment of the project team
- Main contractor appointment - Working closely with the Digital Integration Manager to assist in the appointment of a Main contractor with appropriate BIM scopes as part of their appointment contracts including BIM capability assessment of the project team
- Implementing BIM - Enforce project BIM strategy, 3D/BIM coordination workflows using Navis Manage, and BEP across the project team and police it on a regular basis to ensure that the project BIM is developed progressively in the right format
- Clash Prevention - Interrogation of the design input of the model to identify clashes and produce and manage a clash register as a secondary check to the design team's clash prevention activity.
- 5D Cost planning - Working closely with internal cost planning and estimating teams and help link model quantities to cost plans and estimates
- Commercial - Creating and capturing evidence of BIM values which influence the commercial outcomes on the project. Extract data from the model to contribute directly to support monthly reporting.
- Procurement - Interface with and support the procurement team to package work scopes for inquiry including trade specific BIM scope and BIM capability assessment etc
- 4D planning - Interface with the Project Planner and Primavera P6 package to create virtual build of the project phases, site wide logistics etc
- Min Degree level qualification relating to the construction or manufacturing/production industry.
- First-hand knowledge/experience of Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage, Synchro, and Solibri.
- Hands on experience with BIM / 3D based project delivery
- Excellent knowledge of PAS1192-2:2013, BS1192:2007, and other relevant UK BIM standards
- Working knowledge of data, information exchange protocols and Common Data Environment tools such as Aconex, Conject BIW.
- Ability to identify the need for change, and the ability to initiate and implement change.
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Min 3 yrs experience of Digital Management on large multi-disciplinary projects
- Understanding of industrial design/production expertise with Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) in mind, and familiarity with associated software (Autodesk Inventor, Dassault Ctia, Fusion 360, etc) an advantage
- Understanding of coding, scripting and the use of Dynamo an advantage
For more information or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.