About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our Work Winning team to work in Cheadle
What you'll be doing
The role is to provide cost management and estimating support to our work winning team, predominantly focusing on building schemes generally over 30m in value with £100m+ schemes .
The successful candidate will be the custodian of the pricing templates and tender record book / Summary sheet / Preliminaries for our large building sector in the North and Midlands area.
As a key member of the team you will sit in on design team meetings / preconstruction progress meetings to understand and manage the budget with the team.
The role also crosses into cost planning and working with external consultants on generating and amending cost plans for our schemes.
We will also consider candidates who are currently at Estimator level looking to take the next step in their career.
Who we're looking for
- Hold a B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Have knowledge in some or all of the following: civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and the costs of these systems.
- Possess knowledge of exterior building wall systems and interior finish construction systems.
- Be able to demonstrate expanding knowledge of construction details about miscellaneous metals, casework, doors, specialties, radiation protection, and other trades.
- Possess good organizational and management skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.