Due to an increasing workload, Carty Construction & Engineering Ltd are seeking to expand their workforce by recruiting an additional Estimator. The role will encompass the entire estimating process, from receipt of enquiry through to submission of tender. The role is office based in West Dulwich (SE21) with some site visits required across London.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Preparation and submissions of proposals within agreed timeframes
- Evaluation and analysis of tender enquiry documentation including resource & materials assessment, engineering requirements and costs
- Detailed site visits to determine and mitigate risk to the business for tender submission.
- Generate and submit documentation for tender approval
- Presentation of tender proposals to Clients and management team
- Building and maintaining effective and compelling business relationships, both externally and internally
- Using analytical methods for rate build ups using estimating software
- Proven, background within Estimating with desirable experience of Groundworks and RC Frame projects
- Knowledge of Estimating tools and techniques, using analytical methods for rate build ups and using estimating software
- Knowledge of Contract terms and conditions, including JCT within groundworks and RC Frame projects.
- A thorough understanding of tender documentation, client's requirements/aspirations and required tender deliverables
- Solid understanding of the impact and significance of an Estimating role with experience in a similar organisation
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings, highlighting and challenging any uncertainty
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise, negotiate and influence at various levels
- Proactive, hands on approach, with good team working ethic
- Capable of working to tight deadlines, and on own initiative whilst achieving and delivering self-set targets.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and Estimating software, ideally Onsight by Visual Precision.
For more information and to apply email firstname.lastname@example.org