To manage the on-site construction works of a small to medium sized project or a significant section of a major project, ensuring the job is built in a safe and productive manner.
To apply programme and budget controls ensuring that Global Minimum Requirements are observed, company procedures are followed and our client’s objectives are delivered.
- Key member of the construction delivery team with collective responsibility for the safety of all site operations.
- Review and adjudicate safe working methods and method statements.
- Monitor health & safety documentation and complete safety inspections.
- Ensure all contractors are implementing method statements and operating safely.
- Direct the construction work to ensure that all supply chain contractors are coordinated and working to the construction programme and detail.
- Monitor the progress of construction works and amend the methodology in light of unforeseen circumstances to ensure that overall completion dates are met.
- Develop and implement a clear plan of action to achieve the above.
- Constantly review the build quality achieved with the team ensuring that the client’s requirements in this regard are fully met.
- Attend meetings as required with all contractors and ensure that they are fully aware of the latest design information.
- Coordinate all RFIs and information requests from the contractors in order to ensure timely release of information and ensure the works proceed as per the programme.
- To contribute to the construction delivery team as a core member of the team.
- To be the lead manager in work packages assigned by the Project Manager or Senior Construction Manager, taking full responsibility for the delivery of such packages ensuring they are completed on time, within budget and to the quality expected of Lend Lease.
- To keep an accurate construction daily dairy of all notable issues and events on site including resources, weather, stoppages, incidents and the like.
- To keep accurate progress records and plans of the works as a whole including progress photographs.
- To take lead responsibility for the management of the site engineering and surveying package and ensure attendance by the contractor on a regular and sufficient basis.
- To take lead responsibility for the ITP and QA process and ensure that all contractors are aware of their obligations and that they are adequately complying with the Lend Lease systems and procedures.
- Takes safety of stakeholders, employees, self, suppliers and the public seriously. Understands own and others’ role in emergency situations and minimises risk.
- As a member of Lend Lease the individual fully understands the relevance of sustainability to them and to the business and the 3 main areas we are committed to achieving within; economic development, social enrichment and environmental protection.
- Understand, respect and meet the needs of Lend Leases’ diverse workforce and clients.
- Makes sense of information, analyses problems logically and recommends effective solutions
- Think creatively, conceptually and systematically to consider the wider consequences of each decision, and deliver creative solutions. Has ‘big picture’ awareness
- Quickly gathers and analyses the right information, sorts complex issues. Seeks out diverse ideas to develop creative approaches to solve problems
- Reaches smart conclusions. Makes firm and difficult decisions, fairly and compassionately, blending the best intuition and data
- Expert knowledge of the construction industry.
- Strong subject matter knowledge across multiple functions, in particular, Commercial, Procurement, Contractual / Legislative, and Project Management
- Good planning and organisation skills with ability to manage competing and diverse work effectively within strict timeframes.
For more information and to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.