Lend Lease Construction works in four continents, delivering ground breaking places such as London’s Olympic Village, the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia and the Sydney Opera House.
Our reputation is founded on how we have achieved these and the many other challenging projects. Meticulous safety standards, an ongoing pursuit of improved sustainability and a creative approach to problem solving all play a part in achieving high standards and high levels of success.
And so naturally we are seeking those with the highest potential to achieve. Build your career with us.
Lendlease is working in partnership with Southwark Council to deliver a GBP£2 billion regeneration programme on 28 acres of land in the centre of Elephant & Castle. Situated in London's Zone 1, our vision is to create Central London's new green heart.
Elephant Park Masterplan Almost 2,500 new homes on the site of the former Heygate Estate. Received outline planning permission in 2013 and will be completed in phases between now and 2025. The first two phases South Gardens and West Grove are in construction. 25% affordable housing.
- Report to the Project Director on a £120m+ residential plot and work within the reporting structure of the team.
- Running and delivery of the residential Fit Out on this plot.
- Managing the post-contract build of fit out packages to each of several blocks
- Leading, mentoring and managing a small team of construction managers
- Driving the production on site
- Running of Subcontractor Design and Progress meetings.
- Direction, collation and organisation of all package related paperwork requirements within the fit out team.
- Preparation of medium-range and short-range phasing, sequencing and logistics drawings.
- Ensuring works package achieve their safety, quality, programme and environmental requirements.
- Monitoring BIW (in conjunction with the Information Manager) to ensure that latest construction issue drawings at A status are the information basis of all works on site
- Working with the Project Manager, design manager and information manager to ensure that the trade contract design and approval status is managed to achieve progress and programme
- Liaison with, management of and establishing a productive relationship with statutory bodies such as NHBC, Building Control, Sustainable Homes (Code 4) and Secure by Design in order to ensure that sign offs and final approvals are met in a systematic and tracked way working toward completion and handover.
- Assisting in the development of the handover and end-user documentation with as-built information
- Lead the inspections, snagging and handover procedure
- Generally being principal site manager answerable to the Project Director in all matters connected with the successful delivery of the fit out.
- Actively promote and advise on design safety and sustainability.
- Assist in training and orientation requirements and Delivery IIF training at the Project.
- Assist in the development of junior staff.
- To carry out the function of a Fit Out Senior Construction Manager/Project Manager in accordance with all relevant Company Procedures, ensuring that the service provided is produced on time, to budget and to the legal, commercial and contractual standards required by the Company.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Professional Qualifications relevant to the role
- In depth knowledge high rise residential fit out works with a major industry developer/builder in the residential sector
- Experience in delivery of Sustainable Homes Code 4
- Key skills and competencies in Lean Construction Techniques
- Pre-construction and site establishment experience
- Experience in design of temporary and permanent works
- An in depth knowledge of the construction process and construction methods
- Demonstrates key leadership skills
- Flexibility and openness of approach and willingness to work as a team player
- Proven track record of delivering successful residential projects
- Thorough understanding of Lend Lease policies and procedures
- Knowledge of current regulations, standards and procedures
- Experience of project planning and resource allocation & managing design teams
- Management of staff and development of skills
- Experience of dealing with clients, contractors and construction activities
- Design, procurement, construction and delivery experience
- Continuing Professional Learning CPD/Training
- High emotional intelligent
- Must lead in the IIF vision, both personal and organisational, to create an environment free from incident and injury
- Eager to make an impact on the local community to create a lasting legacy
- Experienced in the delivery of large scale high rise residential new build projects
For more information or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.