The LK Group are expanding their geotechnical and contaminated land team and require a highly experienced engineer (minimum ten years) with specific practical knowledge in foundations & geotechnics, geotechnical interpretation and providing design solutions to new builds.
The successful candidate will provide high level support to the head of our geotechnical arm of the company, with a view to help expanding and nurturing the Section with further staff in the future. In addition, they will also aid the existing contaminated land and flood risk team.
The successful candidate will have an excellent academic background with relevant degree qualifications.
The following experience will be required:
- Soil mechanics.
- Site investigation design.
- Report writing and interpretation.
- Foundation design (including plot by plot detailed foundation plans).
- Pavement design
- Slope stability.
- Management of projects.
- Writing quotes.
- Client and regulatory liaison.
- Mentor junior staff.
Any candidate must be able to demonstrate the following abilities:
- Work well within a team and other colleagues / sub-contractors.
- Plan works, arrange and manage geotechnical investigation.
- Provide high level support with regards to geotechnical matters.
- Willingness to occasionally work away from home.
- Good communicator in written and verbal skills.
- Good computer skills and Microsoft applications.
- Problem solver and lateral thinker.
- Maintain client relationship.
- Full UK driving license.
- Chartered in a relevant discipline or working towards chartership.
For more information and to apply contact Angela Gorozdy with your CV at email: A.Gorozdy@thelkgroup.com
Multi-disciplinary Environmental and Management Consultancy with three offices around the country. We provide a tailored and bespoke service for our clients and believe that our unique approach to business positions us ahead of our competitors. This makes the LK Group a successful environmental and management company that is growing year on year. Join our existing and fast growing team at a senior level with excellent career prospects and promotion opportunities and join a highly motivated and innovative company to help achieve your goals and aspirations.
THE LK GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER