McLaren Group is an award-winning contractor and Property developer operating at the forefront of the construction industry. We are unique among our competitors in that whilst we are large organisation we still operate with a small business feel, and agility in decision-making. We are a very fast growing, dynamic successful company and as such is a challenging and demanding environment where all personnel need to be flexible outside of their defined role.
McLaren Group ICT strategy is a Service Management approach to ICT (rather than the traditional technology focussed approach). ICT is a service to the business, and as with any service it is there to provide value to its customers. ICTs role is to assist/enable McLaren in achieving its business objectives and priorities.
McLaren outsources various IT services, including Helpdesk. This is a key role within the IT team, as the Support Technician is the member most visible to the rest of the business, and responsible for day to day onsite support, with ad hoc requirements to get involved in IT Operations projects. Even though a technical skillset is required for this role, it is just as important that the candidate be personable, friendly and excel at communication with all levels of the business.
- Technical IT Support for VIP Users including Directors and Senior Management
- Supporting both Windows and Mobile devices
- Available out of hours by mobile for technical support when required
- Face to face desktop support to all regional UK offices
- Mobile telephony support for Corporate contract, including configuration of devices (Windows and iOS devices)
- Providing an excellent level of professional onsite support for all McLaren construction sites across the UK.
- Ad-hoc laptop builds, assisting outsourced workshop team with queries.
- Supporting the following technologies, but not limited to:
- Multi-Functional Devices including currently Xerox and Canon devices
- Standalone Printers including HP and Brother devices
- Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems
- Mobile Devices: iOS, Windows
- Network: Cisco Meraki
- 1st point of escalation for the business for any IT related issues
- Point of escalation for external 1st and 2nd Line Support teams
- Completing both onsite and remote site setups for Construction Sites
- Liaising with Network Providers
- Installing Network Equipment
- Setting up printers onsite
- Running physical network cabling both internally and externally.
- Looking at how IT service delivery to construction cabin setups could be improved.
- Hands on project delivery, including ad hoc out of hours work to implement changes
- Assisting Infrastructure and Technology team with network projects.
- Ensuring all internal incidents are logged on the IT Ticketing System
- Documenting all site setups, formulating an agreed template for all sites
- Provide flexible assistance with additional tasks as required by IT Service Operations Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Hands on deskside support experience
- Experience with troubleshooting issues with
- Windows OS (Certification preferable)
- Office suite
- AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud (beneficial)
- iOS & Windows mobile devices (tablets and phones)
- Meraki networking
- Network cabling installation experience – ideal, but willing to learn if not
- ITIL Foundation – preferable
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive support skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience of working with Service Logging and Monitoring tools
- Strong customer focus and customer service attitude.
- Able to develop good working relationships.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to be proactive in prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
- Car owner with full clean licence for travel to Offices/Construction Sites
- Willing to assist with Equipment Installation/collection
- Out of hours availability
- Based in City of London Office
- Weekly visits to Mayfair Office
- Bi-Monthly visits to Birmingham Office
- Cover for other Office Engineer Staff (Essex)
- Ad hoc visits when required to construction sites within the UK
- It is important to note, that this is a travelling role, supporting all McLaren Offices and Sites
If you have experience in a similar role and keen to progress your career please email email@example.com