Exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer (manager designate) within our Rotrex winch business.
Experience required in Solidworks and 3D modelling ideally with winching experience.
Responsible for business development, you will own your own p&l.
Role is office based including occasional travel throughout the UK.
Excellent salary, bonus scheme and benefits package including car.
- Re-engineer Rotrex fleet as and when appropriate to improve operational capability and/or suitability for the client
- Ensure that drawing submission dates are met as agreed with clients
- Attend and contribute to Onshore project meetings as required by the business
- Attend Offshore technical meetings as appropriate to provide technical support
- Monitor all aspects of design and report any areas of deficiency or risk
- Work cohesively with other business departments to aid the achievement of their goals and targets, contributing as a team member
- Ensure that accurate records of all drawings are retained
- Identify opportunities for product improvement or new product development as appropriate to the needs of the business
- Respond proactively to customer queries and provide timely responses at all times
- Perform appropriate calculations to ensure all products are operating within limits and in compliance with relevant factors of safety
- Be fully conversant with statutory safety regulations applicable to winching equipment
- Understand and follow company safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Adhere to company procedures and administration relevant to the successful completion of daily duties of the position
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 /year
Please apply by contacting Loren Wilby at email@example.com