Bridges Electrical Engineers Limited strategy is to be fit for the future and deliver on our “business as usual” goals of safe people, happy people, whilst maintaining business profitability.
We are an award-winning business which enjoys a strong order book for 2020 and following a period of sustained growth, now feel the time is right to strengthen our Leadership team by making the appointment of an Operations Director to report to and deputise for the Managing Director.
The role will be responsible for all contracts and services delivered by the business, implementation of the operational business plan focusing on continual strategic growth and year on year strategic improvements.
Your new role
As an operations director you will be responsible for working alongside the other directors to continue driving the business forward. You will directly lead the two key Operational areas of Design and Delivery who will successfully deliver our overall programme of work.
Continuous improvement in processes to provide optimum solutions is a key driver for the business. The Operations Director will be responsible for strategically identifying improvements, successfully implementing change which deliver sustained improvements to our products, services, gross margin and overall client experience.
Client relationships are a major part of the role therefore you will manage the client relationship from start to finish along with your direct reports. Based at our head offices near Bath, you will lead our Regional operational teams across southern England and Wales, and therefore business travel is an essential component of the role.
You will be able to establish lasting relationships with clients and you must have a clear understanding of developing and leading people.
Overview / Responsibilities
Key Aims and Objectives:
- Become an ambassador for our brand, company culture and values.
- Ensure the people, systems and processes are in place to operationally deliver our commitments safely, on time and exceeding budgeted gross margins expectations.
- Ensure that we have a thorough understanding of the opportunities in our market/sector and that we are sufficiently well positioned to have the best possible chance of securing new work.
- Strategically develop, manage and grow the business such that it remains resilient, and continues to prosper over the medium to long term in accordance with shareholder expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be the leader of the business. Ensure that a robust and motivated management team is in place, supporting operational delivery, strategic growth and continuous improvement of the business
- Ensure that the business has best practice economically efficient systems and processes in the areas of Safety, Quality, Project management and Design. Ensure that these business processes are tailored for the type of work we deliver.
- Be customer facing. Ensure customer relationships are maintained and cultivated. Be the senior management point of contact for the customer.
- Live the company values of Safety, Taking responsibility, Honesty, Fairness and Supportive Management
- Ensure that there is a pipeline of business prospects that are of sufficient quantity and quality to meet the business forecasts. Ensure this pipeline is managed and maintained to ensure we are fully up to date with the latest information on customers procurement plans
- Ensure a culture of contract and commercial performance through visible, accurate and robust long-range financial forecasts.
- Attend sites regularly, demonstrate visible leadership and engagement in safety, quality, progress and customer satisfaction
- Credible team player, able to intervene and get involved and provide guidance, advice and coach the right behaviours to deliver business expected outcomes.
- Ensure the company complies with all standards and statute relevant to the business including client standards such as safety and site rules.
- Provide summary reports to the wider business on a weekly/monthly/quarterly business ensuring the areas of safety, quality, progress, commercial, strategy and continuous improvement is achieved.
- Work with senior leadership team to improve processes and systems across the business to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the company.
Skills / Qualifications
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Extensive senior management experience in a business leadership role
- Good level of commercial / operational knowledge with multi-disciplined projects and term contracts
- Leading people, team of circa 200 to 400 staff
- Experienced in the technical delivery of projects under their responsibility
- Recognised Management qualifications (MBA or other)
- Technical foundation (Engineering degree or similar)
- Happy to operate across a wide geographical area, for a business whose offices and workshops are based in and around Wales and Southern England
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at project level and corporate level
- High levels of Commitment, drive and determination
- Excellent personal standards in relation to Safety, Environmental, Quality and Productivity
- Analytically mind set and excellent communicator
- Previous P & L Responsibility of £30m+
- Proven track record of cost savings and delivering high set of operational KPI's
- Proven track record of successful change management
- Process driven with a proven track record of continual improvement
- Customer focused with a collaborative working approach
For more details on the role and how to apply please follow https://careers.bridgesltd.co.uk/o/operations-director