At Careys - We Care
We cultivate innovation - encourage ideas - nurture a sense of belonging - challenge the status quo.
We do things differently.
Interested in joining our team?
We are recruiting for a Planner to join and support our delivery team on our prestigious structures project based in Central London.
As a Planner, you will be pivotal in supporting our projects as part of the project management team, leading our delivery of the contract programme. This will include reporting against contract and construction programmes, controlling all time related aspects of the project delivery such as design deliverables, procurement, permanent works, temporary works. You will also inform our logistics strategy ensuring our approach to delivery sets the highest standards in health, safety and welfare in accordance with Careys and our clients stakeholder requirements to lead by example.
- You will be pivotal in supporting the Project Manager in producing, overseeing and monitoring of the contract and construction programmes
- Support the PM in the delivery and briefing to the project team daily and weekly briefings to proactively focus design (temporary and permanent), procurement, labour, plant and staff in order to secure programmed dates and milestones.
- Be proficient in first principles planning and direct works activities, Managing labour, plant and material requirements using resource loaded programme producing histograms for the project teams.
- Work with our commercial teams recording accurate as built programmes, recording changes and variations in line with contract requirements informing the project teams of time related risks / opportunities.
- Working with baselines, and progress, producing short term lookaheads for our project teams.
- Support and input to key performance indicators (KPIs) and progress reports.
- Preferably relevant planning experience or degree qualified (Civil Engineering, Construction management discipline ideally)
- Structures/Super Structures/Basements and or groundworks experience desirable. Site Experience ideally in a site delivery role such as Engineering.
- Numerically proficient e.g. take offs, resource levels etc.
- Sound commercial acumen
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- ASTA experience
- Ideally linking programme to 3D model work moving forward to further support smarter methods to review progress and as built recording as well
- NEC / EWN type of contract awareness and compliance
Built on strong, robust finances, the Carey Group is a growing multi-disciplinary construction company, delivering both minor and major contracts, operating as a Principal or Specialist Contractor in support of Construction Partners on significant, £multi-million schemes.
To apply, please send over your CV to the Recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org
Carey Group PLC are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Construction Enquirer 2016 award winner ‘The Best Company to Work for’ 2016