Lend Lease Construction works in four continents, delivering ground breaking places such as London’s Olympic Village, the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia and the Sydney Opera House.
Our reputation is founded on how we have achieved these and the many other challenging projects. Meticulous safety standards, an ongoing pursuit of improved sustainability and a creative approach to problem solving all play a part in achieving high standards and high levels of success.
And so naturally we are seeking those with the highest potential to achieve. Build your career with us
Job Purpose and Scope:
We are recruiting a Principal Civil & Structural Engineer, with in depth knowledge and proven practical experience, to provide technical support to our Construction Business across all Lendlease Europe offices. Successful candidates will have experience of:
- designing steel / RC structures, structural alterations and temporary works
- advising on design safety and buildability
- actively engaging with Clients, Consultants and Subcontractors
- workload planning and resourcing on projects
- working with minimal supervision, managing own workload, as well as that of others
- ability to produce technical documents and alerts for distribution to our wider business
As part of your role based at our head office Regents Place in London, you will also visit our site offices to work in close collaboration with project teams. We are seeking an experienced, technically capable, well organised and collaborative individual who can work effectively within a team and successfully deliver to tight deadlines.
- Member of ICE or IStructE
- experience of managing, mentoring and coaching others
- experience of project planning and resource allocation
- flexibility, openness of approach and willingness to work as a team player
- competent IT skills, considerable experience of design software
- strong technical and analysis background, including first principles / construction stage / ground movement analyses
- Autocad / Microstation / BIM capable
- ability to design steel and reinforced concrete structures using relevant UK and international codes of practice
- experience of existing building refurbishment, structural assessment and structural alterations.
- proven experience in temporary works design from concept through to final solutions, including demolition Engineering, façade retention, deep basements, earth slope stability, piling, propping, tower crane foundations and tie systems, jacking and scaffolding.
- sound understanding of construction processes and methods
- considerable site inspection experience
- knowledge of Statutory Body and Local Authority Asset Protection processes, current regulations, industry standards / procedures, including CDM Regulations
- excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbally and drawing
- holder of CSCS card for Academically Qualified Person
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
For more information and to apply contact email@example.com