The Project Manager is responsible for the design, procurement, construction and handover of specific trade packages within their responsibility - safely, on time and within budget.
- Review and approve subcontractor RAMS to ensure appropriate for the work and in the agreed time frame and prior to any works commencing on site.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Lendlease GMR’s and implement these standards.
- Review the project design documentation and determine constructability issues, outstanding and incomplete design and clashes with surrounding trades.
- Review and respond to subcontractor design challenges including Request for Information (RFI’s) submissions in a timely manner.
- If applicable, review and provide a ‘Status’ to subcontractor drawing submissions in the designated time frame.
- Review and approve subcontractor CMP’s (Contractor Management Plans) including the quality plan and inspection test plans (ITP’s) in the agreed time frame prior to commencement of site works.
- Monitor site safety of works and report any incidents and/or observations using the Lendlease safety reporting system, Enablon.
- Procure samples and prepare site benchmarks as required by the Employers Requirements for review and approval by the design consultants and client group.
- Undertake regular review of site installation works and provide appropriate feedback where quality is insufficient via Non Conformance logging on the projects Information Management System (Conject, Aconex etc)
- Assist the Project Director in completion and updating of the mandatory project specific safety documents, including the PEP (Project Execution Plan) and the EHS plan.
- Develop detailed Short and Medium range programmes that fall in line with the overall projects Delivery Programme.
- Define methodology and troubleshoot site installation constraints with the Senior Construction Manager
- Assist the Project Director and Project Planner with development and implementation of the Delivery Programme.
- Assist the commercial team with the production of trade contractor scopes of work and procure packages in line with the Tender Event Schedule (TES) and procurement strategy.
- Assist the Commercial Managers with review of trade contractor valuations and variation submissions.
- Hold weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors that minute progress, safety, design and quality issues. The minutes are to be circulated, monitored and actions closed out.
- Develop sequences of work between different trade packages to produce the optimum programme for the project
- Monitor works on site to ensure programmes are met or bettered including remedial action when required
- Report and present on project progress to senior management
- Develop and implement safe methods of working
- Develop design with the design team to produce buildable and safe designs.
- Foster IIF culture with design team / client / trade contractors
- Review design information produced by the design team
- Ensure interfaces between packages are carefully developed to prevent scope gaps
- Review, monitor and ensure suitable quality control for testing and works on site
- Ensure use of sustainable materials wherever possible and enforce a 100% FSC project certification
- Implement LL environmental procedures in relation to the execution of trade packages
- Maintain information flow between designers / trade contractors and internal LL team to ensure construction activities progress in a timely manner.
- Establish good working relationships with design team / Client to maintain co-operation.
- Ensure a tight level of trade contractor control through programme, metrics and package meetings
- Balance the competing demands for quality, scope, time, risk and cost implementing current employer control procedures and reporting tools
- Participate in the contractor selection and procurement process
- Coordinate with all statutory authorities and arrange for mains services connections in a timely manner
- Organise training for and develop project team members
- Fully coordinate with the NHBC, local Building Control and Considerate Constructors Scheme
- Motivate and empower team members to achieve excellence in their chosen field
- Deliver an award-winning
- Use excellent communication skills to liaise with local residents, third parties and all stakeholders
- Manage priorities between the different stakeholders; always ensuring strategic business targets are met
- Manage the expectations of stakeholders for the final execution, occupation and hand over of Apartments
- Ensure all people management processes are undertaken effectively and to time i.e. year-end reviews
- Identify problems at an early stage and suggest solutions to clients and stakeholders. Effectively carry out these solutions
- Demonstrate strong awareness of project management methodologies and the successful application of different approaches.
- Drives Safety and Sustainability
- Drives Accountability and Ensures Effective Delivery
- Makes Evidence Based Quality Decisions
- Embraces Change
- Drives Customer Outcomes
- Sound knowledge of Construction process and construction methods
- Proven track record of effective time management and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to manage trade contractors and maintain rapport and build relationships
- Understanding of legislation in regard of operational safety legislation
- Understanding of financial and commercial systems & how they impact on decision making in the operational field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Construction Qualifications relevant to the role (BSc or MSc in Project Management or Building / Construction Studies or Engineering, CIOB/ RICS)
- Knowledge of current construction laws, legislations, and regulations, standards and procedures
- Experience in BIM and Conject
For more information and to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org