Job Purpose and Scope:
- To manage the programmes for projects to which they are assigned.
- Provide an effective and efficient planning service to the operational teams at the development, bid and delivery stages of a project.
- To enforce Lend Lease policies and procedures across the portfolio to which they are assigned.
- To coach the operational project teams on planning elements of their work.
- Manage the planning at all stages of a project, identifying any rectification action required and influencing the parties responsible to complete these actions.
- Lead the generation of programmes (and their re-baselining where required) involving the project team to give understanding, buy-in and commitment.
- Provide coaching to the wider operational teams to enable them to work more effectively and with minimum direct planner support, hence improving overall efficiency
- Act as the lead planner on large projects
- Application of technical & construction knowledge to produce integrated programmes
- Establishment of accurate and up to date programme metrics to define the status of projects across the portfolio
Key Tasks and Activities
Management of planning resources to provide the following:
- Competitive but profitable project programmes
- Efficient and effective use of planning resources in bids, development and delivery
- Input of planning data into the knowledge systems
For projects to which they have been assigned:
- Act as the ‘conscience’ of the project, accurately defining project programme status
- Regularly and accurately report
- Produce change requests and supporting data for any change of project baselines
- Manage schedule-related elements of the risk mitigation plan
- Manage schedule-related element of the Opportunity realisation plan
- Collect and maintain of schedule data within the project library
- Intervene where required to refocus planning efforts in the recovery or redirection of projects (in agreement with the Regional Planner)
- Define the project requirement for planning resource
- Identify the current capability and capacity for projects to which they are assigned
- Provide input to the development of staff
- Conducting training, development and coaching of staff
- Demonstrable previous experience of construction planning.
- Thorough knowledge of construction methods and processes
- Experience of using planning and project control processes
- Intermediate level of numeracy (GSCE equivalent)
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Excel and other MS Office packages
- Planning and construction processes and methods
- Strong knowledge and understanding of use of planning tools
- Understanding and able to recommend methods of construction
- Ability to interpret project documentation
- Ability to work on development, bid and delivery planning
- Ability to integrate and communicate effectively with the project team
- Tertiary qualifications in building, project or construction management, or equivalent vocational training and experience
- Proficient with Primavera P6 in Enterprise environment
- Proficient in Power Project
- Experience on large scale construction projects
For more information and to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.