It is an exciting time at McLaren Construction. We are a large independently owned Building contractor and work for blue chip clients to build exciting, innovative and functional buildings across the UK.
Our projects – We work across a range of sectors, we deliver interesting and challenging projects.
Our Culture – We exceed expectations, which is about never settling for second best, surprising our customers with an understanding of their marketplace and always overcoming barriers to deliver quality and innovative outcomes. Because of this we attract the right talent.
Our team – Is friendly, sociable and flexible.
Best of all, we all feel valued as employees
We are currently recruiting for a Project Quantity Surveyor for a large Hotel Project valued at over £50m in London.
Our ideal candidate will currently be working in the capacity of a Project Quantity Surveyor on a similar value project within a recognized Main Contractor and be able to:
- Assist Senior Surveyors with the running of projects and attending site meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of tenders, contract and project related documents.
- Help with key Commercial administration
- Maintain & update records
- Assist with on-site construction inspections
- Manage Sub Contract packages
The successful candidate will have experience in complex and challenging projects in Central London. McLaren are delivering projects across central London from £20m up to £80m in the High End Residential, Commercial Office and Boutique Hotel Sectors.
Candidates are expected to have a good understanding of the below and demonstrate a willingness to develop.
- 4 – 5 years’ experience with top 10 contractor
- Good knowledge of forms of contract
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, valuations and final account negotiations.
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
- Have excellent communication – both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to form and develop relationships with a PQS, Design Team and Supply Chain
- Commercial skills, maximising value recovery, cost control and cash management
- Good interpersonal skills- ability to work effectively with site management and the rest of the team
- Ability to use/understand financial reports and final accounts
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work to own initiative
- Ability to build strong relationships with all management levels
- Strong management style
- Strong Construction technology
- Highly ambitious and compelled
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships with people at all levels
If you have experience in a similar Project Quantity Surveying role and keen to progress your career please email Nathan Mullane to register your interest email@example.com
“We are an equal opportunities employer”