Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor interested in working at one of the beautiful south west’s leading employers?
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We now have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work within our Engineering team in Exeter.
Working a variety of infrastructure and non-infrastructure schemes, the Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for controlling of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and focussed on providing clients value for money. Duties include:
- Implementing and developing commercial key performance indicators, incentives and improvement targets for the Delivery Alliance, Engineering and wider business as appropriate.
- Managing improvements to contract documentation, contract letting and management of contracts.
- Production of delivery provider’s performance data to support contract reviews.
- Development of performance specifications and cost models for K7 (2020-25) procurement and beyond
- Maintenance and uploading of inflation indices and quality checking of data and entry into the Engineering Estimating System.
- Analysis of all costs in the Engineering Estimating System whilst developing new cost models
- Develop expertise in the suite of the New Engineering Contracts (NEC3 & NEC4).
- Estimating input to the Cost Establishment & Data Acquisition Review (CEDAR) process, liaising with the cost consultants to ensure anomalies in findings are resolved and that appropriate target setting is achieved.
- Develop and implementation of procedures for the control of the risk money attached to project budgets.
- Develop expertise in Whole Life Cycle costing and Carbon accounting and contribute to developing and supporting related business processes
Essential criteria to be our Quantity Surveyor:
It is essential that you hold a Quantity Surveying /Commercial Management Degree or equivalent, and are preferably a Chartered member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or equivalent to be considered for this role**
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- You will have the ability to understand and implement cost controls in all the key stages of projects as well as the ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of construction contracts and estimating
- Full UK Driving Licence
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Quantity Surveyor, we can offer a starting salary of £21,600 – rising up to £49,000** for exceptional candidates – who meet all of the criteria within the job description.
We are pleased to offer a relocation package of up to £8,000 to attract candidates further afield to Exeter, the regional capital in the beautiful south west. In Devon you are surrounded by areas of outstanding natural beauty and you will never be far away from the beach – this is the perfect place to achieve a work life balance.
We also offer a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience and the right to work in the UK, join our team as a Quantity Surveyor by clicking to apply here today.
Previous applicants and Recruitment Agencies need not apply for this position.
Closing date: Thursday 25 July 2019