Greater London Demolition (GLD) is a highly successful, privately owned demolition group based in Enfield, North London. For 25 years we have built a reputation for delivering excellence and today we are regarded as one of the leading demolition contractors in the South East.
We are currently expanding our commercial team so we can continue to successfully deliver our growing order book of demolition and enabling works projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for
an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to work in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges with an excellent salary and competitive benefits package.
The preferred candidate will have the responsibility of commercially managing multiple sites to ensure projects are delivered to the greatest commercial performance.
Reporting to Managing Director the right candidate will undertake the following:
- Provide guidance and advice on valuation of works in progress and future projections
- Ensure that project documentation is clearly managed throughout the project lifecycle
- Understand and interpret client specifications/schedules to produce accurate quotations
- Take responsibility for producing financial forecasts, monitoring and controlling project costs
- Ensure the appropriate allocation of resources is in place for each project
- Handle negotiation with the client, sub-contractors and any other representatives
- Liaise in weekly meetings with clients/stakeholders recording accurate records of further actions
- Provide contractual and commercial support to winning new projects
- Take charge of any commercial and contractual issues that may arise
- Attend meetings with clients and stakeholders to deliver our schemes successfully
- Work with the Senior Management team advising on any project issues or risks
You will be expected to hold an appropriate qualification, a degree in Quantity Surveying, or similar
- Strong attention to detail
- Effectively building working relationships with fellow colleagues and clients
- Previous experience within Demolition/ Civils would be desirable but not essential
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, Outlook
If you are looking to join a growing team with career progression a definite possibility. Do not delay, apply today to email@example.com