Reporting to the Specification Development Manager (SDM), the main purpose of this role is to gain specifications for Ayrshire Purlins and Rails, SwageBeam & ASF/SFS (Ayrshire Steel Framing/Steel Framing Systems).
Regional Specification Engineer (RSE) will be responsible for creating and building relationships with Architectural Practices, Structural Engineering Practices, Main Contractors and Developers. Networking with other companies to share leads and offer introductions to key specifiers.
The RSE will have a positive and dynamic personality with a keen determination to succeed and exceed targets.
The RSE will require the ability to get a system specified via a consultative approach, constructive advice and support, and then retaining the specification until an installer is specified through collaboration with the sales team.
The ability to source new projects through the use of an online tool (e.g. Glenigan/Barbour-ABI), via their relationships within the industry and other media sources will be key to managing the area.
Time spent in front of specifiers will be with 25% Architects, 40% Structural Engineers, 25% Main Contractors, 10% Developers. The RSE will be a good time planner and able to cover the area using a two-week forward calendar, with 1 day a week for admin and call planning.
A primary part of the role which will help in gaining new relationships is CPD’s, these are normally presented to 6 to 30 people, the RSE may be required to present at larger exhibitions/functions.
KPI’s will be set by the SDM and these must be met by the RSE who is to be largely self-managed on a day-to-day basis after initial training.
Full training will be given depending upon the candidates experience and on-going training will be provided on the job and through quarterly training sessions.
The RSE will have excellent communication skills, excellent IT skills and above all the ability to influence and inspire their customers to deliver the RSE’s specification target. The RSE will have a passion to deliver exceptional service, have an excellent level of commercial awareness and be able to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external colleagues.
There will be a two-week induction period, of which the time will be spent at head office and around the UK with external colleagues, during which you will be trained on products, procedures, processes and our CPD.
The position will be subject to a six-month probation period.
- ‘Can do’ positive “winner” attitude
- Selling Skills – a closer
- People person who can communicate at all levels
- Strong, charismatic presenter
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organisational and analytical skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Reporting and analysis: MS Excel & Word
- Email: MS Outlook
- Presenting: MS PowerPoint
- Reporting: CRM
- iPad/iPhone use: (Google Drive, Notability, Mail, etc)
Note: Training will be given but ideally the candidate will have already used the above or similar software, a strong MS Excel ability would be advantageous.
- To play an integral role in gaining future business through specifications secured.
- Work with the sales team to retain and convert specifications to orders.
- Provide project information and support in meeting to the sales team.
- To work with the SDM to build and maintain relationships with Main Contractors.
- Support colleagues nationally to assist in hitting the company target.
- Gain specifications through engagement with Architects, Structural Engineers and individuals within Main Contractors.
- Territory planning to ensure all the area is covered. In some cases, this will involve overnight hotel stays to make optimum use of your time.
- To attend quarterly training sessions, sales blitz’s and sales meetings.
- To attend any additional training sessions as and when asked.
- Present CPD’s to potential clients and actively self-generate these seminars.
- Develop strong relationships with clients.
- Use a consultative sales approach.
- Keep accurate records of discussions with clients and colleagues.
- Follow up on potential leads.
- Build a portfolio of clients and projects.
- To use any and all online tools provided by the company (e.g. Barbour-ABI) to source project/client leads.
- You will be required to plan regular field days accompanied by the SDM.
- Create and issue to SDM monthly update/progress reports to deadlines determined by the SDM.
- Attractive benefits include bonus, company car, laptop, iPad, mobile and pension scheme
£30k – 45k depending upon experience specific to the role
Please send your C.V. and current role and salary details to David.Holmes@Ayrshire.co.uk