CADS RC3D for Revit: Reinforcement Detailing & Bar Bending Schedules
Software specialist CADS is the developer of CADS RC and its N American sister product RebarCAD, both for AutoCAD.
In an exciting new development CADS has developed a powerful ‘add-on’ for Revit, CADS RC3D, that allows modellers to lap bars and organise them into logical sets, allocate bar marks, create shop drawings and produce / export conventional bar bending schedules!
The Sales Support Engineer is responsible for advising, demonstrating and helping customers to exploit BIM modelling using the CADS range of 3D RC detailing and rebar listing software.
The suitable candidate will:
- Have enjoyed working as an RC Detailer and / or Revit Modeller
- Have a strong desire to develop their commercial interests and ambitions by switching from the conventional career path
- Be quite competitive and commercially aware, with the ambition to earn more money than is likely with a conventional detailing / modelling role with a consulting engineer
- Enjoy exploiting their engineering education and experience to the full by assisting consulting engineers and other structural design professionals to understand and purchase the best software solutions that will make Revit a much more productive RC detailing solution
- Develop a professional consultative approach to their business affairs and wish to be considered as a ‘trusted advisor’ by their clients
- Be mature enough to work off their own initiative, set their own priorities and manage their own time
- Have a confident outgoing nature and good verbal & written communication skills
- Willing to travel throughout the UK and Ireland with occasional trips to USA, Canada, Dubai/UAE and India
Experience and core technical competencies
- The successful applicant will be a civil / structural engineering technician / graduate Engineer with several years’ experience in 2D and / or 3D reinforced concrete detailing and thus already conversant with the relevant codes of practice and at least one leading software solution. A working knowledge of CADS RC or RebarCAD for AutoCAD would be an advantage but is not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- No sales experience is required as full ‘on the job’ sales and product training will be provided
Reporting to the Sales Director the successful candidate will:
- Assist with arranging and conducting business meetings with technical presentations (demos) of CADS RC3D for Revit software to explain the technical and commercial benefits to the client’s detailers and engineers
- Develop nurture and manage lasting and mutually beneficial business relationships with customers and encourage adoption, repeat orders and ongoing maintenance contracts
- Perform a key specialist role:
- Liaising with the CADS Technical Support Teams
- Assisting the Software Development Team with the design of new tools and plug-ins to further enhance the structural detailing capacity of Revit
- From time to time attend and assist with seminars, webinars, exhibitions and other events
Place of work
When not meeting customers, you will be working from home where you will plan your appointment diary and travel to business meetings with customers. CADS has an office in Woking, Surrey as well as a head office in Poole, Dorset which can also act as a base for those living in the vicinity.
To apply online click here