Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive, bringing people and technology together to build, upgrade and maintain the country’s buildings and infrastructure.
We are looking for a Senior Communications Business Partner to join our communications leadership team at our UK headquarters in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire. Our communications team plays an important role in protecting and enhancing our brand and bringing together people, purpose and projects.
In this role you’ll hold overall responsibility for communications – internal and external – for relevant operating units. This includes: media relations, digital and social media, employee communications, project communications and business development communications positioning.
- Partner with senior management teams to provide strategic and tactical communications guidance and support
- Develop and implement communications strategies and oversee plans for communications activities
- Identify the important topics to communicate proactively and the most effective way to do so, internally and externally
- Manage media activity – proactive and reactive – and develop relationships with relevant journalists
- Guide internal communication, ensure that key topics and initiatives are delivered effectively; ensure roadshows and conferences communicate relevant messages at both corporate and operating unit level
- Direct and manage the creation of marketing communications material to a high standard, in line with the Skanska brand guidelines
- Manage, co-ordinate and provide strategic direction to a team of communications business partners
- Produce content for communications channels and collateral
We’re looking for
- Experience of working at a senior level within an in-house communications function or communications agency.
- A relevant degree or equivalent in journalism, marketing, public relations or a writing-based discipline is a distinct advantage, as is experience of the construction industry.
- An ability to combine strong strategic thinking with hands-on implementation.
- Insight and experience to be able to ‘unpack’ a problem or challenge and break it down into its constituent parts.
- The ideas needed to develop creative solutions.
- The appropriate project management skills to ensure successful product/service delivery.
- Ability to write in a well-structured, purposeful manner for a wide range of media
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing demands and projects
To apply online click here