Do you relish a deadline-driven construction role where the results of your inspired efforts stand for everyone to see, as they come to life, brick by brick? Our National Property Department is strengthening its construction team to meet our ambitious expansion plans and are now looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Project Manager to join the Property team.
Initial training will take place within in our Luton Property Office and other local property offices. Overseeing the construction of new stores, extensions and modernisations of our existing store portfolio, you will ensure the highest quality standards and compliance with our corporate specification and H&S requirements. Working proactively to address potential obstacles and plan costs, you will also ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
What will you do?
- Overseeing the construction of new stores, extensions and modernisations of our existing store portfolio
- Managing assigned project plans and deadlines
- Monitoring project progress and checking quality standards are met at all times
- Managing relationships with external companies, contractors and suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with our corporate specification and internal procedures
- Ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety performance on all construction sites
- Remedying any issues quickly and effectively with an aim to keeping projects moving and ensuring deadlines are not jeopardised
- Reporting on the progress of construction projects to the senior team
- Budget management and controlling project costs
What will you need?
- Degree-level education in Engineering or Construction
- Relevant practical experience, ideally in new build project management
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent negotiating and organisational skills
- Sound commercial acumen
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Equal comfort working within a team and on your own
- Fluency in German is advantageous but not essential
What do we offer?
- Starting from £47,000 with the ability to earn up to £67,000 (*dependent on experience)
- 35 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- Fully expensed company car including private millage - Mini or BMW
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
To apply online click here.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.