It is an exciting time at McLaren Construction. We are a large independently owned Building contractor and work for blue chip clients to build exciting, innovative and functional buildings across the UK.
Our projects - We work across a range of sectors, we deliver interesting and challenging projects.
Our Culture - We exceed expectations, which is about never settling for second best, surprising our customers with an understanding of their marketplace and always overcoming barriers to deliver quality and innovative outcomes. Because of this we attract the right talent.
Our team - Is friendly, sociable and flexible.
Best of all, we all feel valued as employees
We are looking for a Senior Estimator who has worked for a large contractor, and largely on D&B contracts in the commercial and private sector.
You will be joining our London Region and will be based in our Chiswell Street office however may be required to travel and support projects across our Major Projects division too.
You will have worked on projects in excess of £50m and various sectors including Residential, Commercial and mixed use developments.
- Expert knowledge and capable of dealing with a wide range of cost planning issues
- Able to perform detailed review and analysis of cost plans for a wide range of projects, including large and complex projects, including full measurement and rating exercises
- Capable of easily visualizing outline designs, drawings and specification
- Expert knowledge of construction technology that allows the cost planner to interpret incomplete construction detail and estimate costs for an appropriate complete design
- Proven ability to lead and give direction to project design teams to enable them to design to optimum/prescribed construction budget
- Knowledge of procurement routes, traditional, design & build, management forms
- Full understanding of current site practices, logistics attendance strategies to enable general preliminaries to be reflected in pricing
- Awareness of 1st principles pricing and implement when required
- Knowledge of cost of building types per m² or functional unit (hotel cost per bedroom) and more importantly the drivers that affect variations in these costs
- Expert knowledge and capable of dealing with a variety of contractual and commercial issues relating to standard contracts including Building, Civils, D&B, Traditional, as well as tender specific contractual arrangements, key clauses in main and sub-contracts
- Confident in using standard methods of measurement, g. Smm7, onscreen take-off; able to instruct others on measurement methods
- In depth industry knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including delivering informative and concise presentations internally and externally
- Able to apply a range of different negotiation and influencing techniques
For us, the right fit is important, we want progressive, innovative, problem solving team members and for this role people management is key.
If you have experience in a similar Senior Estimator role and are keen to progress your career please email Suzanne Toms to register your interest email@example.com