At Lendlease, our vision is to create the best places. As a Global leader in Property and Infrastructure we work with communities, clients, and our colleagues to create positive legacies from funding a project right through to developing and constructing state of the art buildings and infrastructure. We also create vibrant and sustainable residential communities, productive workplaces and retail destinations, with current projects including the International Quarter London, Elephant Park and Deptford Timberyard.
It’s an exciting time within our Development Business in the UK as we grow our existing pipeline of residential, commercial and retail assets. We currently have several important vacancies in the very early stages of one of our most significant urban regeneration programmes, which offers career defining opportunities for ambitious candidates. This role will give you the opportunity to be involved from the start, part of a team that will deliver a new benchmark for inclusive regeneration, that will deliver socio-economic benefits for existing communities, via physical transformation.
Day to day responsibility for delivering timely land assembly and Compulsory Purchase Orders (CPO) across LL regeneration projects in Haringey, including specific responsibility for setting out an overall strategic approach and delivering the land assembly for each project, and the associated engagement and negotiation with existing freeholders, tenants and other key stakeholders.
- Land Assembly strategy and delivery.
- Developing and executing CPO strategy in conjunction with public sector partner.
- Negotiating and managing land assembly and CPO legal agreements.
- Governance processes including reporting, approval processes, and establishing support from all internal stakeholders.
- Supporting new business opportunities including bid strategies and pricing.
- Commissioning and executing land referencing and land valuation process.
- Managing internal project expectations, and balancing aspirational objectives with commercial constraints.
- Establishing, building, maintaining, and leveraging relationships with all relevant 3rd party stakeholders
- Tenant and occupier liaison in respect of decant, relocation or vacation options.
- Preparation and conclusion of business case, market positioning, and commercial framework for all individual land parcels in accordance with overall strategy acquisition.
- Ownership of associated inputs into development viability, with specific responsibility for revenue.
- Establishing and maintaining budgets and cashflows, and managing approval of payments against them.
- Procuring, briefing, appointing, and managing associated Land Assembly and CPO consultants.
- Review, analysis and interrogation of property stock to establish risk register of ownership and management.
- Commissioning and execution of CPO property surveys and resulting works programme and estate strategy in conjunction with specialist colleagues.
- Establishing and overseeing due diligence processes prior to acquisition.
- Obtaining necessary legal consents, financial, and 3rd party consents.
- Overseeing the identification and mitigation of associated risks.
- Proven and demonstrable competency to carry out the accountabilities outlined above.
- Demonstrable experience of leading successful complex land assembly processes.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful CPO outcomes
- Comprehensive understanding of multi-phase regeneration projects.
- A collaborative individual with demonstrable ability to work in a complex and multi layered team, and lead internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Proven experience in managing 3rd party stakeholders.
- An understanding and appreciation of the contractual relationships between parties (land owners, local authority, tenants, funders, and banks).
- A desire to think beyond physical transformation and drive socio economic improvements for local communities.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Good people management and issue resolution skills, including the ability to upwardly manage clients, partners and stakeholders as well as motivate and manage internal and external project teams, and delegate.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (eg property, engineering, architecture, or construction etc).
- Ability to recruit, build and lead a dedicated land assembly team.
- Ability to demonstrate innovative solutions to unlock difficult land issues.
- Demonstrable understanding of the planning process and its interaction with land assembly and CPO processes.
- Proven networking with agents and related industry specialists.
- MRICS or MRTPI
For more information or to apply contact email@example.com
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.