We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Planner or Planning Engineer, preferably with experience in highway planning, to join our delivery team to work on the Leeds Public Transport Investment Programme, based in Leeds.
Our package of works involves the design and construction of improvement works to five key road and bus routes, and new and enhanced park and ride facilities. The work will commence in the new year and takes us through to 2021, with further targeted opportunities in Yorkshire and Humberside.
The role will involve the management of programmes for infrastructure development, in line with methodologies developed within the team, which are cost effective and fit for purpose within timescales that are suitable for both the company and the customer.
You will be joining a strong team of experienced planners in the North of England who can offer help and support to a new member. As such this is a fantastic opportunity for personal development for someone interested in progressing a strong career in planning, with excellent mentoring support being offered.
We seek someone who combines a passion for developing innovative methods for budget planning with a disciplined and responsible approach to safety, project controls and contract administration during project delivery.
We work with P6, Revit and Synchro; however experience in Revit and Synchro is not essential and we would be happy to discuss training opportunities.
The position is based in Leeds although some travel including overnight stays may be required in order to support our project teams.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
• A qualification in civil engineering to degree or HNC level.
• Substantial experience, across a wide range of civil engineering projects, with a good understanding of commercial and contractual matters particularly with respect to NEC form of contract.
• An appreciation of BIM / digital construction tools and workflows.
• A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
• An understanding of programming techniques.
• A sound knowledge of typical production rates.
• The ability to communicate effectively.
• Be able to use P6 and an understanding of Microsoft Office.
• The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
To apply online click here