Lendlease require a Project Manager to join their team on a large scale, complex new build construction project in the Midlands
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project management of the design, procurement, construction and handover of specific trade packages within their responsibility - safely, on time and within budget. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the project team typically consisting of project/package managers, design manager, quantity surveyors/commercial managers and site construction managers.
Reports to: Project Director
- Review and approve subcontractor RAMS to ensure appropriate for the work and in the agreed time frame and prior to any works commencing on site.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Lendlease GMR’s and implement these standards.
- Review the project design documentation and determine constructability issues, outstanding and incomplete design and clashes with surrounding trades.
- Review and respond to subcontractor design challenges including Request for Information (RFI’s) submissions in a timely manner.
- If applicable, review and provide a ‘Status’ to subcontractor drawing submissions in the designated time frame.
- Review and approve subcontractor CMP’s (Contractor Management Plans) including the quality plan and inspection test plans (ITP’s) in the agreed time frame prior to commencement of site works.
- Monitor site safety of works and report any incidents and/or observations using the Lendlease safety reporting system, Enablon.
- Procure samples and prepare site benchmarks as required by the Employers Requirements for review and approval by the design consultants and client group.
- Undertake regular review of site installation works and provide appropriate feedback where quality is insufficient via Non-Conformance logging on the projects Information Management System (Conject, Aconex etc)
- Assist the Project Director in completion and updating of the mandatory project specific safety documents, including the PEP (Project Execution Plan) and the EHS plan.
- Develop detailed Short and Medium range programmes that fall in line with the overall projects Delivery Programme.
- Define methodology and troubleshoot site installation constraints with the Senior Construction Manager
- Assist the Project Director and Project Planner with development and implementation of the Delivery Programme.
- Assist the commercial team with the production of trade contractor scopes of work and procure packages in line with the Tender Event Schedule (TES) and procurement strategy.
- Assist the Commercial Managers with review of trade contractor valuations and variation submissions.
- Hold weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors that minute progress, safety, design and quality issues. The minutes are to be circulated, monitored and actions closed out.
- Develop sequences of work between different trade packages to produce the optimum programme for the project
- Monitor works on site to ensure programmes are met or bettered including remedial action when required
- Report and present on project progress to senior management
- Develop and implement safe methods of working
- Develop design with the design team to produce buildable and safe designs.
- Foster IIF culture with design team / client / trade contractors
- Review design information produced by the design team
- Ensure interfaces between packages are carefully developed to prevent scope gaps
- Review, monitor and ensure suitable quality control for testing and works on site
- Ensure use of sustainable materials wherever possible and enforce a 100% FSC project certification
- Implement LL environmental procedures in relation to the execution of trade packages
- Maintain information flow between designers / trade contractors and internal LL team to ensure construction activities progress in a timely manner.
- Establish good working relationships with design team / Client to maintain co-operation.
- Ensure a tight level of trade contractor control through programme, metrics and package meetings
- Balance the competing demands for quality, scope, time, risk and cost implementing current employer control procedures and reporting tools
- Participate in the contractor selection and procurement process
- Coordinate with all statutory authorities and arrange for mains services connections in a timely manner
- Organise training for and develop project team members
- Fully coordinate with the NHBC, local Building Control and Considerate Constructors Scheme
- Motivate and empower team members to achieve excellence in their chosen field
- Deliver an award-winning project.
- Use excellent communication skills to liaise with local residents, third parties and all stakeholders
- Manage priorities between the different stakeholders; always ensuring strategic business targets are met
- Manage the expectations of stakeholders for the final execution, occupation and hand over of Apartments
- Ensure all people management processes are undertaken effectively and to time i.e. year-end reviews
- Identify problems at an early stage and suggest solutions to clients and stakeholders. Effectively carry out these solutions
- Demonstrate strong awareness of project management methodologies and the successful application of different approaches.
- Sound knowledge of Construction process and construction methods
- Experience in the capacity of a Project Manager on medium to large scale complex construction projects.
- Experience of project management through pre-construction phases and delivery phases.
- Proven track record of effective time management and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to manage trade contractors and maintain rapport and build relationships
- Understanding of legislation in regard of operational safety legislation
- Understanding of financial and commercial systems & how they impact on decision making in the operational field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Construction Qualifications relevant to the role (BSc or MSc in Project Management or Building / Construction Studies or Engineering, CIOB/ RICS)
- Knowledge of current construction laws, legislations, and regulations, standards and procedures
- Experience in BIM and Conject
To apply online click here