We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Welsh Water project team based in Newport. Your role will be to effectively and professionally assist the day to day construction management on projects, including, procurement, installation and commissioning. Delivering within budget and programme to the satisfaction of the client.
- Oversee subcontractors, labour and material requirements for the contract and lead the Project Managers with matters primarily relating to on site activities.
- Ensure all works are carried out with statutory regulations, current standards and company quality assurance procedures.
- Ensure good communications within the project team, manage any construction supervisors, students or trainees in the project team. This includes supervising, conducting appraisals and assisting with development issues.
- Assist in understanding the design process and report to project directors/design team any design anomalies.
- Solve site problems when they occur, providing feedback to Project Managers.
- Ensure good record keeping and work closely with the relevant commercial package managers to ensure close control of commercial packages.
We're looking for:
- Previous Project Management experience in a similar role
- Extensive client facing experience.
- Essential experience in clean/dirty/wastewater projects.
- Educated to HNC level desirable.
- Likely to hold professional qualification.
- Experience as a Project Manager, with examples of targets reached and how, involvement in quality procedures.
- Knowledge of current construction practices and safety on site.
Our utilities team covers everything from design and development to installation and repair, for water, gas and power networks across the UK. We have over 40 years’ of experience in helping to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable supply of energy and water to millions of households and businesses.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
To apply online click here