With a buoyant UK market and a consistently growing pipeline of projects in UK and Europe, Systech are in a position to offer unique opportunities for Quantity Surveyors focusing on bridging the gap between being a Senior Quantity Surveyor and becoming a Commercial Manager within the claims and disputes arena.
You will hold a BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar, a 2:1 or higher preferred) with a minimum 7 years experience with a main contractor.
- To take responsibility for the delivery of professional assignments under the supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Preparation of management Accounts including Project cost and value reporting
- Understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Subcontract procurement and management
- Maintenance of project records
- Change Management including raising and valuing variations /compensation events
- Preparation of Applications and Valuations
- Awareness of project planning techniques
- A sound working knowledge of various standard forms of contracts including NEC and JCT
- Supporting major claims and knowledge of dispute resolution
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar, a 2:1 or higher preferred)
- Good knowledge of contract conditions and law within the Construction Industry
- A persuasive track record in the delivery of commercial/retail projects
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Presentable and articulate
- Excellent organiser with proven time management skills
Systech offer tailored individual support geared towards helping consultants achieve full chartership. This includes internal quarterly seminars presented by industry leaders and consultants who are qualified RICS Assessor’s. As a consultancy we offer a collaborative working environment with our in-house team of consultants including Lawyers, Barristers, Forensic Experts and Claim Specialist.
Systech International is expanding in the UK, France and Canada and we are seeking individuals with main contractor experience who would be interested in joining our consultancy team to work on a variety of challenging and high profile projects.
For more information or to discuss available opportunities at Systech International, in the UK or globally, please contact Nick Jeffs (Head of Recruitment) via: email@example.com / 0207 940 7656