The Elliott family business has been around since 1940s and is now amongst the most respected construction companies in Ireland and we have a growing business in the UK. Our core management team is without doubt our greatest asset with many of our management with the family business for up to 20 years. We have the capability to take on and successfully deliver the most challenging of projects.
We require an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to take full Commercial & Contractual responsibility for the successful delivery of a £6m 62 new bed extension to an existing hotel in Hammersmith, Central London. The project is approx 30 weeks on site, out of a Contract Programme of 64 weeks, and is tracking positively on programme. This role would also involve the assistance with Tendering & Estimating, Pre-Construction / PCSA type involvement, with a view to the Snr QS having 2x projects on the go.
The successful candidate must hold a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor with a main contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- Full commercial responsibility for an ongoing Hospitality Development, £6m Hotel extension project (62 new bedrooms) located in Hammersmith, reporting into the Commercial Manager.
- Attend regular site meetings to keep the Commercial Manager up-to-date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues
- Liaising and reporting to the Commercial manager, Project Manager, and the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors
- Compiling the variation log an signing off on variations with Subcontractors / Client
- Cost monitoring and reporting using construction computer software and attending monthly cost reporting meetings
- Cashflow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
- Where required provide leadership, motivation and mentoring to intermediate & Junior Quantity Surveyors so as to encourage optimum performance.
- Estimating and tendering for projects
- Negotiating new projects and fixed price premiums which are cost effective
- Degree level qualification in Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying
- 5-7 years experience in a Quantity Surveying role
- Experience with a main contractor
- Excellent technical construction knowledge,
- Be self motivated, and ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, (Outlook, Word, Excel), COINS accounting software, Aconex, CostX, and other industry related software.
The role will be based out of the Elliott UK Office in Stoke Newington, N16 9BL, with attendance on sites as required.
- Excellent salary and bonus on offer for the right candidate.
- Contract Roles also considered for Self Employed Private Ltd Companies.
- Positive working environment with a great team of experienced professionals, in a great team atmosphere.
How to Apply: If you are interested in the role, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org