SENIOR SITE MANAGER - IMMEDIATE START
VIELLA LAND is a built environment consultancy based in South London focused on Development Management, Construction Management and Project Management for clients in all sectors including residential and commercial.
We act for quoted developers, private developers, main contractors and family offices. We advise, manage, monitor and oversee successful delivery of development and construction projects in London and the South East.
Our Client, a Main Contractor, is seeking an experienced Freelance Site Manager for a cut and carve refurbishment and new build scheme in South Bromley that is shortly entering the handover phase.
Our client needs someone who can start immediately.
This is high end development so a Finishing Foreman/Woman would also be considered.
It is critical that the Site Manager is experienced in managing medium to large scale construction jobs with multiple work faces.
Qualifications such as MCIOB or construction degree equivalent are important but we will look at experience as a main driver for the role.
The position will continue until December 2017 but the Main Contractor has a robust project pipeline so a longer term relationship with the successful candidate is envisaged.
The role is suitable for a highly experienced construction qualified person who likes to be at the forefront of managing, monitoring and steering complex construction schemes.
This is a “boots on the ground” role while also managing the back office functions such as reviewing H&S documentation, managing procurement, managing design (such as raising RFI’s and seeking AI’s).
Our client demands high standards and an understanding of the importance of quality in their projects.
The candidate will be required to demonstrate at least ten years’ experience in delivering construction projects, and an understanding of methods and processes used to resolve complex problems, manage risk and negotiate in complex environments. The role requires individuals with demonstrable leadership skills.
1. The main purpose of the role is to safely and efficiently plan, manage, supervise and control the day to day site activities on site to meet/exceed programme in accordance with company policies and procedures, within the budgeted cost plan.
2. To understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy and ensure that all staff reporting to you do the same.
3. To carefully manage programme to ensure the client / Adston and Lead Designer/CA requirements are met.
4. To schedule work in accordance with the programme in order to maximise efficiency.
5. To manage on-site operative closely and ensure each is delivering what is required of them.
6. Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project (and packages), ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with Adston/ QS to monitor costs.
7. Liaising with the client, other construction professionals and, sometimes, members of the public
8. Coordinating and supervising construction workers
9. Selecting tools and materials
10.Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
11.Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
12.Ensure DWGs are current and for construction. Updating re-issues as necessary.
13.Managing procurement – ensuring engagement with suppliers / ensuring programme is met.
14.Maintaining quality control procedures
15.Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up
16.Assessing and minimising risk
17.Writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork
18.Helping to negotiating contracts and securing permits and licenses.
Health and Safety
• Pre-plan the build route and pedestrian segregation
• Manage the site in accordance with company Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and Procedures and with current HSE legislation; ensuring compliance with CDM Regulations and the Health & Safety Plan
• File Method Statements in correct folders on site and ensure that all contractors adhere to their requirements
• Induct new starters on site
• Ensure the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment is issued and correctly used on site
• Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times, that safe and acceptable working conditions are maintained on site and safety and welfare facilities are maintained to a good standard; signing the daily inspection sheet
• Carry out statutory workplace inspections
• Ensure all Plant Certification is valid and current
• Accompany the visiting Safety Consultant and CDM Designer during inspections
• Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident free site.
• Control of Work In Progress - Schedule materials in line with the programme, whilst maintaining minimum stock levels, confirming requests by email.
• Produce Weekly Planning Sheet to schedule trades and agree this with subcontractors.
• Liaise with multi-utility/statutory providers to ensure that mains and services are installed/diverted/re-located in line with programmed requirements
• Arrange the final Premier Inspection
• Produce the Handover Information Pack for completed properties
• Strive to achieve construction excellence.
• Carry out routine inspections
• Progressively and formally inspect all stages under construction
• Ensure records/photos etc. are kept for quality proving.
• Protect the works
• Check for accuracy the fortnightly/monthly sub-contractor requests for payment
• Ensure materials are stored securely and in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations to minimise loss and wastage
• Advise Adston of material shortages and excesses in order to adjust schedules
• Ensure waste materials/packaging are recycled wherever possible and where not are disposed of in accordance with the waste management policy
• Minimise company liability for Day work payments; ensure all works are agreed, costed, order numbers issued and approved by Adston prior to commencement
• Lead and motivate the site team (direct employees and sub-contractors) to achieve the required objectives
• Carry out 'toolbox talks’ and less formal one-to-one communication with site employees to ensure that they are kept abreast of changing requirements, developments etc.
• Team player / team commitment
• Experienced eye for detail and commitment to delivering excellent standards
• Excellent organisational skills
• Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
• Professional attitude and approach to work – reliable and trustworthy.
• Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation.
Competitive salary or day rates
Flexible Work/Life balance
Grow with the team
Please send your CV and/or covering note describing your career to date. If you would
prefer to have a discussion with us before sending a CV please email and we will call
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO START IMMEDIATELY.
Please respond to: