North Midland Construction is a national building, civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor with 70 years’ experience. With our Head Office based in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire we operate through a number of strategically placed regional offices covering the whole of the British Isles; offering clients a one stop shop for their construction requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer who will ensure that building requirements are correctly interpreted from design and implemented on site. In addition to their technical role, they will work as part of the site management team, sharing responsibility for, health and safety, as well as the organisation and supervision of material and human resources. They will be engaged on projects which vary from small scale to multi-million pound ventures across the Midlands region.
The role will also include both upward and downward reporting within the Building division and the client at all times providing clear and precise direction at all levels.
Working alongside the Site Manager the engineer will engage with others to enable the most efficient and cost effective approach in delivering outstanding projects while maintaining the highest standards of health, safety, quality assisted by the commercial team.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
- Surveying the site
- Checking drawings and quantities and ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
- Helping with the selection and purchase of materials for use in the construction and their value
- Liaising with any consultants and / or sub-contractors engaged in the project
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are up kept
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may occur
- Quality Assurance
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site
- Bring innovative ideas
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience as a site engineer / setting our engineer.
- An industry applicable qualification
- Experience of FRC works and drainage is preferable
- Working knowledge of CAD would be favourable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Be able to organise yourself
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Salary & Benefits: For the right candidates we offer an attractive benefits package in a rapidly expanding forward thinking company. Competitive salary depending upon experience and qualifications.
|Applications including full CV by e-mail to: email@example.com or online via the careers page of our website http://www.northmid.co.uk/careers|