M-AR Off Site specialists are recruiting!
We are an Off-Site Construction Designer and Manufacturer based in Hull. We operate nationally throughout the UK and deliver D&B projects ranging from £200k to £4m. Areas of expertise are Education, Off Site Housing, Healthcare, Rail and Commercial.
Our most important endeavour is in building a team of outstanding, passionate, ambitious and talented people. We invest a lot of time and effort into our company culture and robustly defend it by ensuring that the very best join the team.
Our values are around positivity, commitment & responsibility, honesty and fairness. It is important that your values resonate with these as they're the values that we live by each day. M-AR strive to offer the highest quality design, manufacture and installation of Modern Methods of Construction by delivering clear technical and entrepreneurial support to the business so that we can meet the needs of our customers on every project.
We have adopted a collaborative working mentality in our company. This principle governs how we hire and promote people who are able to demonstrate success through results. We recognise and appreciate that people are motivated by working with outstanding colleagues who are given the freedom to do what they know best and who accept the responsibility to make it the best it possibly can be.
Due to our continued success and pipeline of work we have an exciting opportunity to appoint two experienced Site Managers.
We are looking for exceptional people who can communicate effectively at all levels, who are future leaders and can take control of their own career path.
The role is to successfully manage D&B Principal Contractor projects on site including supervising all sub-contract trades, deliveries, operatives and plant and the co-ordination there of to ensure projects are delivered to an exceptional Quality and Safety standard against the Construction programme, project deliverables and KPI’s.
- Comply with the operational requirements of M-AR ISO9001 Quality Procedures
- Have a clear understanding of the agreed site Programme and Contractual obligations
- Carry our Pre-Start Meetings with all sub-contractors
- Monitor and develop the Site Programme and manage sub-contract trades against this
- Maintain Site Records, daily labour and plant allocation, site diaries, Health & Safety Inductions, Method, Risk & COSSH assessments, toolbox talks, scaffold inspections, materials logs and all other records as required
- Organize plant hire and monitor, equipment etc., its timely return, protection and security whilst on site
- Prepare detailed weekly Progress and weekly look ahead Reports
- Review and approve all sub-contractor RAMS
- Plan and manage Quality Management Test & Inspection Plan
- Liaise with QS and prepare information for valuations by reporting against subcontractor progress, materials on site, variations, day works etc
- Plan and manage site strategy for Hazard Awareness and Risk Assessment to ensure compliance with Health & Safety Policy, directives and instructions
- Plan and manage forward resource planning
- Manage Supply chain and operatives non-conformities
- Comply with SHEQ Policy and procedures
- Commit to undertaking necessary external and internal training courses as required
- Promote company image/brand including wearing appropriate dress and PPE
- Plan, manage, minute and action subcontractor meetings, reviews, coordination and logistics
- Plan and manage subcontractor competence compliance
- Report and record complaints and queries and plan for closure/solutions
- Comply with all Design deliverables and Contract obligations
- Work closely with Senior Managers in various disciplines
- Work closely with the customer, build and develop good working relationship
- Ensure compliance with Construction Phase Health & Safety plan and assist in its development and subsequent gathering of information for Operations and Maintenance Manuals and Health & Safety file
- Plan Fire Strategy for site including permit to work systems
- Plan and manage Drawing Register receipts and updates
- Maintain site files in accordance with standard filing structure
- Manage strategy for storage of all necessary site materials and protection of installed fixtures, fittings and equipment
- Provide accurate weekly timesheets where required
- Provide mentoring support to trainees, work experience personnel, apprentices etc.
- Be responsible for company vehicles, property and equipment
- Attend customer meetings, presentations, and project interviews as necessary
- Meet KPI’s
- Self-driven, results oriented and solutions focussed
- Conscientious, ambitious and strive to deliver outstanding customer service
- Clear focus on Health & Safety Management
- Good planner and able to assess own performance
- Effective team leader
- Reliable, tolerant, sympathetic, team player, creative, solution focused
- Well presented, professional. Good decision maker and communicator
- This role is ideal for professionals, supervisors and juniors who are looking to step up, develop themselves and challenge the convention
- Previous Construction experience preferable, however alternative manufacturing or process management experience with transferable skills will be considered
- Able to drive with clean driving license
- Able to work throughout the UK
Specific Job Skills:
- CSCS – Professionally qualified management card
- Degree or NVQ Level 7 is preferable, however other demonstrable training will be considered
- First Aid Certificate
- Able to communicate and motivate subcontract trades
- Able to performance manage trades and subcontractors against quality, safety and programme targets
- Able to use technology to programme works, provide reports and keep good site records and data
- Good IT skills including word, excel, Microsoft project programming and Microsoft outlook
- Programming, sequencing and scheduling experience is essential
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Good report writer and good record keeper
- Ability to read and understand specifications, detailed drawings, programmes and reports
Business and Selling Skills:
- Able to represent company brand by wearing appropriate PPE, uniform and housekeeping/site environment
- To be commercially aware of implications of timekeeping, programme compliance and sub-contract trade co-ordination
- Excellent people management skills, personable, and good communicator
- Able and comfortable with subcontractor and trade management
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to Performance manage personal and business goals
- Able to self-manage punctuality, attendance and time
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven track record and able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of delivering D&B Principal Contractor projects
- Good IT skills particularly word, excel and outlook
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and/or part of a team
- Proactive approach
- Positive personality
- Have an open mind with a can do attitude
- You don't accept things the way they are, you want to continually improve processes and make an impact. You are driven and self-motivated, passionate about what you do and are keen to make a difference
We offer a young, modern and innovative work environment where people can excel alongside like minded team members. Our Team culture is important to us and one you will be part of.
Our team is made up of Off Site Modular specialists, Traditional Construction professionals and expertise from other industries, bringing together the best blend to deliver great customer service.
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment with genuine opportunity for development.
Off-Site Construction is a fast growing industry and with an ambitious strategy, we are poised for further growth and success, so if you are committed, talented and enthusiastic, M-AR is the right place for you.
M-AR is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this position please forward your CV together with your current salary details to our
HR Department email address - email@example.com