Starting September, fixed term 10-16 weeks, with the possibility of permanent employment
Are you a professional site supervisor with high standards, who enjoys leading and motivating a site based team? Are you organised, confident and decisive and thrive on finding solutions to problems? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking for a number of outstanding Site Supervisors to deliver ecological mitigation works on various sites, for a major infrastructure project in the Midlands. You will need a positive and professional attitude, with site health, safety and quality at the forefront of everything you do.
You will have experience of leading and motivating a team and taking responsibility for maintaining site health and safety. Ideally, you will have worked in the construction industry, ecological contracting, countryside management or a similar field. Although primarily a non-working supervisor role you may be required to assist the site teams and sub-contractors with completion of practical tasks, therefore you will enjoy physical work, leading by example and won’t be afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in!
You will need to be based in, or around the Sutton Coldfield area (ideally, within 1 hour) or be prepared to commute, and have the flexibility of staying away from home Monday to Friday, as and when required. Accommodation will be provided, as well as a daily allowance for subsistence.
We are interested in applicants who can start on, or near to 2nd September 2019. We welcome applications from sole traders or self employed candidates.
Successful candidates must
• hold a valid SSSTS or SMSTS accreditation
• hold a current First Aid a work certificate
• have proven experience at site supervisor level
• have relevant experience in our core work areas
• be able to lead and motivate a site team
• have experience of managing site safety and compliance
• can lead by example, setting and maintaining a high standard of quality
• be organised and decisive, ensuring work is completed efficiently to meet client deadlines
• be a good communicator, giving instruction and direction to the site team and be able to liaise with clients and with the office-based project team
• hold a valid CSCS card
• be computer literate
• have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
• have a positive professional attitude and be an ambassador to our company.
Ideally successful candidates will also have one or more of the following:
• CSCS Lift Supervisor
• Temporary Works Supervisor
• Slinger / Signaller
• Signing Lighting & Guarding
• Machine Ops (various)
• Appointed Person
You’ll join a happy, friendly workplace, guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence.
You’ll also enjoy all the benefits we have to offer, including;
• 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro rata)
• private pension contributions
• collaborative and supportive culture
• flexible working
• fantastic on-the-job training
• opportunities for career progression
• regular social events, including a Summer and Christmas party!
• paid mileage, travel & subsistence, whilst away from home
• discounted gym membership
• free parking
• cycle to work scheme
• discounted outdoor clothing
• fully stocked kitchen, including unlimited supply of biscuits, with the odd cake thrown in for good measure!
Thomson Environmental Consultants are experts in environmental compliance. Our specialist teams have been advising our clients across various sectors, on how to achieve their objectives and meet required environmental compliance since 2004. We cover a breadth of specialisms and are always pragmatic with our advice. With offices in Guildford, Leeds, Cardiff, and Birmingham, our teams assist with ecological advice, surveys and assessments, habitat
design and creation, ecological contracting,invasive species management, freshwater and marine consultancy, arboriculture consultancy and contracting, data management and mapping and last, but not least, marine laboratory services (invertebrates, fish and sediment analyses).
Read some of our employee testimonials:
My experience of working for Thomson has been a very positive one, largely due to the type of people I am surrounded with each day; whether it be from my own team or from other departments I interact with less regularly. Within my own team, I am grateful to my manager, who been a great support to me on a day-to-day basis, always very encouraging, which makes all the difference!
I've been put through a lot of training both internally and external far exceeding my expectations. I feel on a personal note this is showing a high level of commitment to me and my continued career with Thomson. There is a good attitude towards health and safety, all staff are very approachable and eager to help when asked. All in all, a very friendly atmosphere to work in and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the year holds.
These are full time, fixed term positions, starting 2nd September 2019, until the project completion in December 2019, with the possibility of being extended or becoming permanent.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a convincing covering letter outlining your suitability for the role (max 500 words) to email@example.com